UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just laugh at the oil money jibes. It’s a little popular catchphrase the jealous bellends have latched on to

After all what is wrong with oil? It drives the world economy and 99% of the pricks who throw this about use it day in day out and couldn’t live without it

The oil industry may not be great for the environment but I’m not sure that’s not where the phrase comes from regards City.

In terms of human suffering, there’s plenty worse industries. Tech & fashion for a start. We all have ties to child/adult slavery. Sadly.

Let's wait and see if Arsenal get brought up before UEFA for breaking FFP rules. If all this is true about their spending. I very much doubt it. It will be another jibe the gunners fans will throw our away, because they are just plainly jealous of us. How many trophies have they won in the last 5yrs or so can't think of 1 that they have won.
Are we not counting FA cups now as I think they have won it 3 times in the last 5 years

On another note does anyone have an idea what is going on with the investigation?

Who’s hands is it in & what are the next steps?

I am slightly encouraged that our CAS case is ongoing because there were some claims at the outset that City's case was inadmissible on the grounds that clubs could only appeal a decision by the UEFA UC when it had finished its process. If it was fundamentally floored, then how come it got accepted in the first place, or hasn't been quickly dismissed? It must have some legs?

The only substantial discussion I read at the time reacting to City's CAS appeal was from David Conn, and that sounded like he had sounded out UEFA and he was claiming from a past judgement that City's appeal would be unlikely to succeed because of a precedent in another case. I would have expected that this initial argument would have been heard by now, and the fact that the case is still at CAS means we have a fighting chance? This case seemed to have been viewed by City fans as a slim chance but one worth taking in advance of UEFA's upper chamber review.

It's notable that if nothing else, City's CAS referral on the grounds of unfair process has stopped the leaks to the press via the cartel's clubs - inferred proof of what was going on. I remember when the Upper and Investigative chambers first came to most City fan's attention how shocking it was to find that UEFA was run by officials closely connected to football's old guard, and we are expected to believe these people are neutral?

How come no one in the media at all has questioned why the chief plank of the Premier League's financial fair regime, the wages cap has been swept away the minute it became an obstacle to its main architect? What are these journalists working on? Only Manchester City?

Last edited:
The oil industry may not be great for the environment but I’m not sure that’s not where the phrase comes from regards City.

In terms of human suffering, there’s plenty worse industries. Tech & fashion for a start. We all have ties to child/adult slavery. Sadly.

The dirty oil terminology used in respect of the Middle East is incredibly racist - none of this rhetoric was applied to North Sea Oil, nor is it applied to the US - where oil is seen as the facilitator of economic prosperity and growth. The hatred of the Arabs started in the 70s with the view that they had the oil and should be handing it over to the west on the cheap... when that stopped happening the West - and Britain included - got all ‘how bloody dare they’ and blamed Arab producers for rising oil prices.

I am slightly encouraged that our CAS case is ongoing because there were some claims at the outset that City's case was inadmissible on the grounds that clubs could appeal a decision by the UEFA UC when it had finished its process but CAS would not consider a case where the process had yet to run its course, and yet not only was the case accepted, but it is still ongoing. If it was fundamentally floored, then how come it got accepted in the first place, or hasn't been quickly dismissed? It must have some legs?

The only substantial discussion I read at the time reacting to City's CAS appeal was from David Conn, and that sounded like he had sounded out UEFA and he was claiming from a past judgement that City's appeal would be unlikely to succeed because of a precedent in another case. I would have expected that this initial argument would have been heard by now, and the fact that the case is still at CAS means we have a fighting chance? This case seemed to have been viewed by City fans as a slim chance but one worth taking in advance of UEFA's upper chamber review.

I agree with most of this but the fact that we have lodged the appeal with CAS means that Court time has to be found to decide whether that appeal can be heard. They can't simply refuse to accept an appeal. Presumably, we say that the Court can hear it and UEFA say it can't. The arguments will be more complex than the press are making out. In the end only a judge can decide.

But you are right in the sense that, if it was as clear cut as the likes of Conn are making out, the decision that we couldn't appeal now wouldn't require much Court time and you'd expect it to have been kicked out quite quickly. In other words, our appeal isn't quite as frivolous as the press would have its readers believe.

I'd love to see the submissions in this case.

Still beggars belief how we have allowed ourselves to get into this situation given all the scrutiny on City.
I seem to remember something about the fa guidelines, could be bollox though.

we have followed the fa guidelines same as chelsea that's why the fa gone fined aswell as chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.