UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that behind the scenes City are keeping pressure on them, hence why they are taking their time to deliberate. After all it's an important decision for us and them, the outcome will decide how they go about trying to fuck us over in the future.

I seem to remember something about the fa guidelines, could be bollox though.

we have followed the fa guidelines same as chelsea that's why the fa gone fined aswell as chelsea
That's to do with the FIFA investigation , not the UEFA one. The UEFA one is because they think we misled them in where the Etihad sponsorship money came from (with perhaps other concerns as well brought up by the leaks).

That's to do with the FIFA investigation , not the UEFA one. The UEFA one is because they think we misled them in where the Etihad sponsorship money came from (with perhaps other concerns as well brought up by the leaks).
the fifa ban is for transfers regarding young players?, I get confused theres that much shite being thrown

the fifa ban is for transfers regarding young players?, I get confused theres that much shite being thrown

Yes, as transfers are under FIFA's banner. That is the only case a transfer ban can arise from.

The UEFA one is whether City misrepresented/lied/pick your semantic over source of money from Abu Dhabi-based sponsors.

I agree with most of this but the fact that we have lodged the appeal with CAS means that Court time has to be found to decide whether that appeal can be heard. They can't simply refuse to accept an appeal. Presumably, we say that the Court can hear it and UEFA say it can't. The arguments will be more complex than the press are making out. In the end only a judge can decide.

But you are right in the sense that, if it was as clear cut as the likes of Conn are making out, the decision that we couldn't appeal now wouldn't require much Court time and you'd expect it to have been kicked out quite quickly. In other words, our appeal isn't quite as frivolous as the press would have its readers believe.

I'd love to see the submissions in this case.
That's the drawback with this CAS referral. It's behind closed doors. The machination of how Manchester City have been put in the dock by the rest of football is a story in of itself. The operations and activities of other football clubs who were clearly lobbying behind the scenes, and activating their own supporters, goes unreported.

The media say that City fans were weaponised. Pot and kettle, or as Khaldoon would say, don't throw rocks in your greenhouse.

I see Mr Ronay is back from his holiday, where he has been reading some medieval historical fiction. Quite an article that on the house of Neymar. I enjoyed it, totally unrelated to City except that once again it's target is a flamboyant unpopular foreigner who he can safely demonise. Always always the soft target.

I agree with most of this but the fact that we have lodged the appeal with CAS means that Court time has to be found to decide whether that appeal can be heard. They can't simply refuse to accept an appeal. Presumably, we say that the Court can hear it and UEFA say it can't. The arguments will be more complex than the press are making out. In the end only a judge can decide.

But you are right in the sense that, if it was as clear cut as the likes of Conn are making out, the decision that we couldn't appeal now wouldn't require much Court time and you'd expect it to have been kicked out quite quickly. In other words, our appeal isn't quite as frivolous as the press would have its readers believe.

I'd love to see the submissions in this case.
Only thing that worries me is what if the judge is a rag German rag Juve fan Madrid fan Barca fan PSG fan ac Milan or inter fan dipper fan or Arsenal fan you get my gist

The dirty oil terminology used in respect of the Middle East is incredibly racist - none of this rhetoric was applied to North Sea Oil, nor is it applied to the US - where oil is seen as the facilitator of economic prosperity and growth. The hatred of the Arabs started in the 70s with the view that they had the oil and should be handing it over to the west on the cheap... when that stopped happening the West - and Britain included - got all ‘how bloody dare they’ and blamed Arab producers for rising oil prices.

Preaching to the converted buddy.

City can’t be mentioned without Arab or Oil money and it’s certainly nearly always used in a derogatory way.

Only thing that worries me is what if the judge is a rag German rag Juve fan Madrid fan Barca fan PSG fan ac Milan or inter fan dipper fan or Arsenal fan you get my gist
Judges are judges for a reason, they'll prioritise the law as stands over their personal prejudices.

Judges are judges for a reason, they'll prioritise the law as stands over their personal prejudices.

We can guess their personal prejudice though. Advocates of regulation and the pursuit of pluralism and City play the ancien regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.