It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Totally agree, I was really impressed seeing him there.

Agree that he isn't too physical, but we've got a few who you'd think that of to look at them. With another year he could be ready for it. It's a possibility at least.
Yeah maybe, it definitely looks like he's bulked up a bit in the last year or so as well.

I know he’s dinho’s replacement positionally, the point was when silva and probably dinho leave next summer they’ll need replacing purely based on numbers. If gundogan decides to go too that’s three midfielders lost and potentially no way of replacing them if a ban comes in. We’ve got no chance of getting through a season with just Rodri Bernardo kdb and foden and whoever from the academy.
As said above, Zinchenko back in midfield and Matt Smith back from his (hopefully) successful loan at QPR.

We're still looking for a CB (especially if Nico is going) but we have a pair of crackers coming through who will maybe skip the loans out.

Think we're covered then.

I know he’s dinho’s replacement positionally, the point was when silva and probably dinho leave next summer they’ll need replacing purely based on numbers. If gundogan decides to go too that’s three midfielders lost and potentially no way of replacing them if a ban comes in. We’ve got no chance of getting through a season with just Rodri Bernardo kdb and foden and whoever from the academy.
You can add Zinchenko to that list of midfielders now we have Angelino.

As said above, Zinchenko back in midfield and Matt Smith back from his (hopefully) successful loan at QPR.

We're still looking for a CB (especially if Nico is going) but we have a pair of crackers coming through who will maybe skip the loans out.

If we go from having gundogan, Silva, Kompany and Fernandinho to zinchenko (just as a midfield option) Matt Smith, Garcia and harwood-bellis we will be significantly weaker and that’s putting it politely and that’s assuming otamendi stays!

If we get the ban no chance we let fern or gundogan leave imo. Just have to give gundogan what he wants which appears to be a longer contract.

Not a chance that happens. That’s a gigantic drop in quality and that’s not a slight on the youngsters/zinchenko it’s just Reality. We won’t be giving Pep in what is currently scheduled to be his last season that midfield.

You can add Zinchenko to that list of midfielders now we have Angelino.

You may be right but I’m not going to see him as a midfield option until he actually plays there for us. Right now that’s nothing more than a fan theory. it’s the new Danilo in midfield from last summer

You may be right but I’m not going to see him as a midfield option until he actually plays there for us. Right now that’s nothing more than a fan theory. it’s the new Danilo in midfield from last summer
The big difference is Zinchenko has played his entire career to date in midfield at UFA and for the national team at every level, with the exclusion of last season. He’s already shown the intelligence, adaptability and technical ability as a left back to prove he can play in midfield for us.

I’m not saying for one minute he starts in front of Rodri, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Silva, Gundogan or even Foden because he doesn’t but if we need him in there he absolutely can and will do a very good job. We play that many games and with doubts surrounding the fitness of 3 of the above names he’ll get a chance at some stage and he’ll no doubt take it.

With Silva, Gundogan and possibly Fernandinho (I maybe wrong on the last one) all potentially leaving at the end of the 19/20 season then we’ll need Zinchenko, he’s a perfect player to have in any squad.

That's hardly a fan theory when he was an attacking midfielder when he came here and is where he plays for his country.

If we go from having gundogan, Silva, Kompany and Fernandinho to zinchenko (just as a midfield option) Matt Smith, Garcia and harwood-bellis we will be significantly weaker and that’s putting it politely and that’s assuming otamendi stays!

If we get the ban no chance we let fern or gundogan leave imo. Just have to give gundogan what he wants which appears to be a longer contract.
We wouldn't be would we, we'd go from Silva, Gundogan, De Bruyne and Fernandinho to Bernardo, De Bruyne, Foden, Rodri. Zinchenko. So not so weak.

I have said for a long time that I would like to see Zin as a CDM. He is an exceptional passer of the ball, having received it in tight spaces under pressure because of his high technical ability. I see him as someone akin to Gundogan in that respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.