Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve want to sell us Cancelo for more than they are prepared to stump up for De Ligt. Interesting.

The last I heard on the Cancelo fee was £50m or €54.5m. It seems that amount has been unmoved since news broke that Juventus went public several weeks ago stating they would listen to offers.

In De Ligt’s case, the reported €49m fee is only part of the equation. There are reports that if you add on Mino Raiola’s enormous commission fee and the extremely generous pay package reported by the football media, it takes the total to nearer €65m. Ajax have, according to reports, rejected this bid. It is thought that they are holding out for another €5m, possibly more. The likelihood is that the total sum is likely to be circa €75m if reports are to be believed.

Personally I think signing a player who is likely to be top three in his position in the world by 2021 is a no-brainer. Walker is good, Danilo is good, but neither will get any better. Cancelo probably will.

Interesting but I was interested in why @richards30 was so seemingly desperate about his signing.

I hadn't appreciated that he had such " outstanding potential " , so thank you for raising my awareness.

Why can’t we meet £70 mill for this guy As he is quality and ticks all the boxes or has he hinted that he wants the juve move and nothing else

Maybe we just don’t wanna deal with his knob ‘ed agent, or his wages are ridiculous?

CTID

Correct.

In the Pogba transfer from Juve to Manure a few years ago the transfer fee was widely reported in the British media as being £89m. The actual cost was £93m when Raiola’s agents fees were factored in.

In the last three years his fees have further escalated to eye watering levels.

Last edited:
Maybe we just don’t wanna deal with his knob ‘ed agent, or his wages are ridiculous?

CTID
He's only 19 - remember Tosin, Ashley Smith-Brown, Shay Facey, Cameron Humphrey, Ash Kigbu, Ellis Plummer, Kieran Kennedy, Tom Smith, Luke Coulson, Sean Tse, Freddie Veseli, etc all looked good at that age. Some like Dedryk Boyata, Karim Rekik, Jason Denayer have done OK but they are nowhere near our level now. Ben Mee arguably could have stayed with us and done a good job though.

Last edited:
He's only 19 - remember Ellis Plummer & Kieran Kennedy looked good at that age but are now playing at Motherwell and Port Vale.

Ellis Plummer at 20 - 3 career appearances (League 1)

De Ligt at 20 - 151 career appearances (Champions League, International, Europa League, Eredivisie)

I can't imagine why people think there's a difference...

Interesting but I was interested in why @richards30 was so seemingly desperate about his signing.

I hadn't appreciated that he had such " outstanding potential " , so thank you for raising my awareness.

I think pep could improve him to be his new Dani Alves to be honest mate. Cancelo is rapid, can take his man on and has superb delivery from wide areas? Just feel he would make us even more devastating down the right hand side.

I think pep could improve him to be his new Dani Alves to be honest mate. Cancelo is rapid, can take his man on and has superb delivery from wide areas? Just feel he would make us even more devastating down the right hand side.

Ok thanks.

I don't know a great deal about him and wondered why Juventus aren't looking to keep him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.