It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Looks like the Barclays loan we took out in May plus another we took from Barclays last year have been repaid. Both these charges are now shown as satisfied. So it’s just the HSBC one now.
To be clear, it's overwhelmingly likely that these loans have nothing to do with transfers. They're very standard cash flow management transactions.

Think we'll add a third choice keeper (Asier Riesgo) and Cancelo, if Danilo leaves. Don't think we'll go for a centre half now.

Think we'll add a third choice keeper (Asier Riesgo) and Cancelo, if Danilo leaves. Don't think we'll go for a centre half now.

I feel like any moves we make now will be opportunistic or last minute.

If preseason doesn't go well at CB maybe we'll get Aké late on, or if Bruno Fernandes doesn't move and we end up with space for him in the squad, maybe we'll go back for him at the price we offered Sporting before they changed their demand. If Danilo finds a new home, Cancelo can come in.

But the squad we have now could be the one we have when the window closes, and that's fine.

That just seems a massive risk, Otamendi and Stones don't convince me, especially in crunch periods. Going into the season with just three CBs and Fernandinho as backup is a gamble that we don't need to take.

think it would be a mistake not buy a centre half.

Ive not got the confidence in Ottomendi others have and im not sure the young lads are ready.....I know Ferna can play there probably but we do need someone dominating and we dont have that. considering Peps direct comments about his concerns about our vulnerability in terms of a lack of height and then losing our best aerial defendier in Kompany I cannto imagine he would be comfortable with not buying another centre half.

Having said that I understand completely why we wont pay inflated fees/wages for players such as Maguire or De Ligt. Maybe we should be looking at someone young but upcoming that fits the bill but that doesnt have the media profile of someone like De Ligt - I

dont think any of the younger lads coming through fit the full profile either (Ie the aerially dominating part, albeit very good with the ball at their feet) - could be wrong

That just seems a massive risk, Otamendi and Stones don't convince me, especially in crunch periods. Going into the season with just three CBs and Fernandinho as backup is a gamble that we don't need to take.

It's a risk but hard not to trust Pep, Txiki etc after the last two seasons.

I thought not have an extra DM last season was a huge risk but overall we managed fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.