Away tickets

Getting tickets this way is nothing new and will never change
Well, it is new coz facebook hasn't been around that long but I know what you mean. It doesn't mean we shouldn't try and change it.

By the way I get tickets through corporate or SC when I can't get them on my points because I want to go to the game, it is still wrong though.

Not particularly bothered, as despite the obvious flaws, I keep reading the same contradictory arguments, and nothing will ever change.

However, it never fails to amuse when Macclesfield 98 is touted by the usual suspects as a badge of honour.
For many blues (myself included), Macclesfield is nearer than a home match, and if the capacity was bigger, we would have taken thousands, especially as my match ticket only cost £10.

However, if you're aged under 21, then you weren't even born. I mean, what a crap reason for not attending.

Last edited:
Not particularly bothered, as despite the obvious flaws, I keep reading the same contradictory arguments, and nothing will ever change.

However, it never fails to amuse when Macclesfield 98 is touted by the usual suspects as a badge of honour.
For many blues (myself included), Macclesfield is nearer than a home match, and if the capacity was bigger, we would have taken thousands, especially as my match ticket only cost £10.

However, if you're aged under 21, then you weren't even born. I mean, what a crap reason for not attending.

The arguments aren't contradictory and something is changing; it's just that the change isn't really helping anyone.

Our current points system rewards long term loyalty. It began before the money arrived and the success began and the people on top deserve to be there.

It has one major flaw in that younger fans will take time to catch up. I believe that this problem is overstated; there are many twentysomthings on here with huge amounts of points proving it can be done; natural wastage will also help. A rolling system would help and many high pointers on here are decent enough to consider that option.

Fans of a certain age, 40+ say, who want change because they don't have enough points to get to Anfield and Old Trafford, can fuck off. The system has been in place long enough for them to have done the hard miles over the years. It was their choices over the years that put them so far behind. I'm not criticizing their choices by the way - nothing is more important than earning a living, raising a family, and life in general. I am criticizing their sense of entitlement now.

The arguments aren't contradictory and something is changing; it's just that the change isn't really helping anyone.

Our current points system rewards long term loyalty. It began before the money arrived and the success began and the people on top deserve to be there.

It has one major flaw in that younger fans will take time to catch up. I believe that this problem is overstated; there are many twentysomthings on here with huge amounts of points proving it can be done; natural wastage will also help. A rolling system would help and many high pointers on here are decent enough to consider that option.

Fans of a certain age, 40+ say, who want change because they don't have enough points to get to Anfield and Old Trafford, can fuck off. The system has been in place long enough for them to have done the hard miles over the years. It was their choices over the years that put them so far behind. I'm not criticizing their choices by the way - nothing is more important than earning a living, raising a family, and life in general. I am criticizing their sense of entitlement now.

If a 5 year rolling period is brought in like Savage wants wont it just cause thousands of fans to be on the same points in 5 years with no away points being awarded? Also can City deduct points from us after we have paid an extra £50 a season to get them?

No always a choice as a lot of people may have been unable to build up points due to work etc

Sorry, but if many blues think that younger people should be given some form of equal opportunity, whilst others (like Bill) don’t give a flying fuck, then this debate will always reach a stand-off.

However, at 54 years of age, with enough loyalty points for every match, (but not the vanity to assume the role of self-appointed super fan), I can see both points of blue.

In fact, as soon as Bournemouth do the decent thing, and get relegated, then we can all relax and reserve our fury for the distribution of 3,000 ticket allocation for the swamp, as opposed to the mid 70s when our fury was reserved for the distribution of 7,500 ticket allocation at the swamp.

Eventually, I expect the points system to be amended to a 5 year rolling period. However, this won’t reduce public accusations of “points whoring” often from people who’ve privately just benefitted from the same anomaly.

A far more practical solution would be a different system for the European games so that those fans who travelled to Lyon and Hoffenheim got first bite of the cheery for Schalke and Tottenham. However, my suggestion fell on deaf ears last season

Anyway, Good Luck to Colin and the others who sacrifice so much time for so little reward.

Sorry, but if many blues think that younger people should be given some form of equal opportunity, whilst others (like Bill) don’t give a flying fuck, then this debate will always reach a stand-off.

However, at 54 years of age, with enough loyalty points for every match, (but not the vanity to assume the role of self-appointed super fan), I can see both points of blue.

In fact, as soon as Bournemouth do the decent thing, and get relegated, then we can all relax and reserve our fury for the distribution of 3,000 ticket allocation for the swamp, as opposed to the mid 70s when our fury was reserved for the distribution of 7,500 ticket allocation at the swamp.

Eventually, I expect the points system to be amended to a 5 year rolling period. However, this won’t reduce public accusations of “points whoring” often from people who’ve privately just benefitted from the same anomaly.

A far more practical solution would be a different system for the European games so that those fans who travelled to Lyon and Hoffenheim got first bite of the cheery for Schalke and Tottenham. However, my suggestion fell on deaf ears last season

Anyway, Good Luck to Colin and the others who sacrifice so much time for so little reward.
You are right to highlight allocations. Why have they been reduced so much at a time when hooliganism is virtually non-existent? Clubs should be forced to provide more tickets for away fans. Bournemouth are just taking the piss. They get Premier League money and provide a non-league stadium. German club away followings are much larger. We should increase our capacity to 60,000 plus and offer up to 6000 to the rags, Liverpool, Everton etc as long as they reciprocate.

You are right to highlight allocations. Why have they been reduced so much at a time when hooliganism is virtually non-existent? Clubs should be forced to provide more tickets for away fans. Bournemouth are just taking the piss. They get Premier League money and provide a non-league stadium. German club away followings are much larger. We should increase our capacity to 60,000 plus and offer up to 6000 to the rags, Liverpool, Everton etc as long as they reciprocate.
Correct me if I am wrong but lower down the pyramid don’t teams have to have a certain ground capacity to be promoted. There is a case to be made that with all the money in the premier league there should be a minimum capacity of at least 20k for all grounds. Clubs can make stadium changes as they go through the leagues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.