Away tickets

A lot of diverse opinion on here, same old arguments, but a range of viewpoints.

Is the one thing we could all agree on, that we'd like City to hold off for a year and do a proper consultation?

06-07 I did probably 12 out of the 19, 07/08 I probably did 13-15 of the aways, 08/09 I did more around 10 out of the aways due to my final year at uni. 09/10 I only missed out on United away on points but got a ticket for it, was away for Everton that season too. 10/11 United away was the only game I missed out on my own points but managed to get one through someone - I went to all 38 league games that season. In 2011/12 I could get a ticket for any game and I'd say by 13/14 I was probably the first day of sale, maybe 2nd for smaller allocations i.e. Plzen/Bournemouth.

So it took you 5 years of attending maybe about 13/14 away games a season on average to be able to get first priority for any game. My point about the unfairness of the current system is that younger fans who love City as much as you did and want to go to as many games as you do/did would probably have to do at lot more than 5 years to get the same priority as you now. They can get to 6 Prem away games pretty much a season now (and would be able to do a few euros) but at the rate you did it at, they'd probably have to follow City for at least 20/25 years before they even have a chance of getting to Old Trafford for example. For someone born in 10 years time, they'd have to wait even longer. That's obviously not fair and favours people who could afford and were old enough to buy tickets at the beginning of the loyalty points system. So that's why I think it needs to be reformed and even if the no loyalty points for away games is imperfect (but at least stops points whores), for me it's an acknowledgement from the club that the existing system is hugely unfair.

I don't think it's an acknowledgement at all
They've back themselves into a corner by the number of tickets they give out to corporates , supporters clubs and general hanger on's.
And they are trying to deflect it as a loyalty points problem .
The amount of tickets that get abused through the loyalty system is minimal to the abuse from the above groups

So it took you 5 years of attending maybe about 13/14 away games a season on average to be able to get first priority for any game. My point about the unfairness of the current system is that younger fans who love City as much as you did and want to go to as many games as you do/did would probably have to do at lot more than 5 years to get the same priority as you now. They can get to 6 Prem away games pretty much a season now (and would be able to do a few euros) but at the rate you did it at, they'd probably have to follow City for at least 20/25 years before they even have a chance of getting to Old Trafford for example. For someone born in 10 years time, they'd have to wait even longer. That's obviously not fair and favours people who could afford and were old enough to buy tickets at the beginning of the loyalty points system. So that's why I think it needs to be reformed and even if the no loyalty points for away games is imperfect (but at least stops points whores), for me it's an acknowledgement from the club that the existing system is hugely unfair.

I think you're presuming that people are going to live indefinitely. Looking at my own personal situation, I'll never give up my season ticket but if I met someone and settled down and had kids I couldn't continue doing what I do. Although it may be this lifestyle which makes me a single 31 year old!

But as a member on this site for 14 years I can still remember back then when we were shit that it was only United and Liverpool that people were arsed about. We used to take the smaller allocation at Chelsea ffs, no wonder some still see us as a small club.

I remember going to the Bridge in 1988 - seeing City win and there being less than 9,000 at the game. Chelsea have done a great job of wiping that era from the record books.

I remember going to the Bridge in 1988 - seeing City win and there being less than 9,000 at the game. Chelsea have done a great job of wiping that era from the record books.
Away fans banned that year and weren’t Chelsea fans protesting against Bates as well. Midweek game as well. Following year when Allen scored a last minute worldy crowd was 22k and I reckon we had less than 750 there

10,000 clamouring to go to away games but not sure if they’ll get tickets.
Where were they for the 14 games that did not sell out?

A few seasons back City ordered the full allocation of tickets from Chelsea and ended up having to buy the unsold 1/3rd. Following season City decided to only order half the allocation. I and hundreds of City fans didn't get tickets. I have no sympathy for fans who want to pick and choose games and can't get tickets when they decide they fancy going!

I don't think it's an acknowledgement at all
They've back themselves into a corner by the number of tickets they give out to corporates , supporters clubs and general hanger on's.
And they are trying to deflect it as a loyalty points problem .
The amount of tickets that get abused through the loyalty system is minimal to the abuse from the above groups

Spot on mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.