What is Manchester to you?

Born in Manchester but only ever lived within the city’s boundaries for about 12 months. I’ve lived in Stockport and Salford the rest of the time.

Manchester is a place I used to have a lot of passion for, but that’s waned over time. Still like the place but no longer feel the pride I used to.

Born in Salford, lived in Brooks Bar, then Cheadle, Mum from Benchill, Dad from the lakes, Grandad from Openshaw, Nanna from Gorton. Brother born in Withington,

I am City. Couldn't give a fuck about where you are from, its where you are at.

Manchester is the greatest City on the planet, its surrounding conurbations apart from Trafford (cunts) all play a big part in our areas history from Peterloo, Karl Marx, Trade Unions, Industrial revolution and pies in Wigan to hats from Stockport, the Bridgewater canal, a statue of Lincoln and the suffragettes. Holts, Boddies, Lees, Hydes , Chesters and Robbies , Eccles cakes and Manchester tarts, Avro, Rolls Royce and Lancy CCC

The only scar on our wonderful county of Greater Manchester is that fucking joke of a meccano stadium inhabited by halfwits and cunts from Surrey.

Grew up in Prestwich but have lives South Side for the past 6 years, which I prefer for a variety of reasons.

Looking back, I would have liked to have lived somewhere else for a few years to have a real comparison but I've done a fair bit of travelling to other Cities and my conclusion is - whilst I love Manchester, I can't help but feel it has more potential than it is showing and has made decisions which are unfortunately irreversible:

1) We appears too City Centre focused
2) We had a great opportunity to integrate and modernize the public transport system but instead we have that daft fucking Metrolink
3) If a person wants to cycle anywhere, the options are virtually non-existent. Which is a disgrace when you look at places like Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen etc.
4) The sheer amount of flats which lack character, are poorly built, expensive and will likely look dated in 10 years
5) And finally, the least said about the airport and the transport links to it

Us in Newton Heath called them Biffos ;-)

I grew up on the last street in NH before it becomes Failsworth (Albert Gardens, backing onto Brookdale Park) but spent ten years 'over the border' and got tagged a Biffo for doing so by NH mates ... :D
Not disputing the tag - but what is a biffo?

Born in Salford, lived in Brooks Bar, then Cheadle, Mum from Benchill, Dad from the lakes, Grandad from Openshaw, Nanna from Gorton. Brother born in Withington,

Manchester is the greatest City on the planet, its surrounding conurbations apart from Trafford (cunts) all play a big part in our areas history from Peterloo, Karl Marx, Trade Unions, Industrial revolution and pies in Wigan to hats from Stockport, the Bridgewater canal, a statue of Lincoln and the suffragettes. Holts, Boddies, Lees, Hydes , Chesters and Robbies , Eccles cakes and Manchester tarts, Avro, Rolls Royce and Lancy CCC

The only scar on our wonderful county of Greater Manchester is that fucking joke of a meccano stadium inhabited by halfwits and cunts from Surrey.
I like your last paragraph :-)

Never been keen on the Lincoln statue. While he’s revered for ending the Atlantic Slave Trade in the US, he allowed genocide to be committed against the Native Americans and that’s barely ever mentioned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.