Thiago Almada

Portuguese press has been talking about this for a couple of weeks. Talks here is that Sporting will buy 50% to Man City and keep the player for at least 3 years. I would imagine that City will have an option to buy the 50%.

Portuguese press has been talking about this for a couple of weeks. Talks here is that Sporting will buy 50% to Man City and keep the player for at least 3 years. I would imagine that City will have an option to buy the 50%.

That’s third party ownership which is banned in the premier league, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a gentlemen’s agreement with Sporting to get around it.

That’s third party ownership which is banned in the premier league, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a gentlemen’s agreement with Sporting to get around it.
It was banned (for new contracts at least) in 2015 by Fifa so affects everybody. Only contracts that existed before that time still exist I think and anybody on one has to have their contracts bought out before a transfer.

I have seen a lot of articles and Twitter posts that seem to indicate that City will part own Almada which just isn't possible.

Describe on the City website by various "experts" as "The New Messi", "Midfield Genius" , "Wonderkid".
Surely, just "Messiah" would cover it?

Read somewhere that it will cost us 16m to sign this lad...I know in today's market that this is pocket change but the club must have very high hopes for him?

Is it goign to be a buy and loan back for a year or two or is he going to come here and train with the first team squad?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.