Away tickets

West Ham gone a bit lower than I thought it would. If we're to assume it's in part due to the changes city have made then its a positive start for supporters who obtain tickets & travel independently who are a little further down the ladder.

Could be that a 12:30 kick off in London is a pain in the arse kick off time though.
Last season the first game was Arsenal, it sold out at 16,000 points.

Is that the homes or aways? Obviously there would be 38 games in total so would that be 38 x 40 = 1520? Presumably the 2000 point increases on fixtures from last season will be due to cup games making up the difference.

You are asking for a fairer system yet you don't actually understand how the old system worked? :-(

You are asking for a fairer system yet you don't actually understand how the old system worked? :-(

I understand that it works on how many points you have and that if you have a lot of points you are able go to all the games and get more points. If you don't have many, you can't 'earn' as many. Basically a rich get richer type system that gives younger fans, or those with less opportunity to go to aways, little chance of ever catching up.

PMSL. You make it sound like a military tour of Afghanistan. It’s a football match and you go because you want to, for a day out with your mates, to watch City live.

Were you around in the 1970’s when it really was like going into enemy territory?

I was around in the 70s, all the fighting and aggro which now means all seater stadiums, police limiting away fans and all ticket games.

I understand that it works on how many points you have and that if you have a lot of points you are able go to all the games and get more points. If you don't have many, you can't 'earn' as many. Basically a rich get richer type system that gives younger fans, or those with less opportunity to go to aways, little chance of ever catching up.

Except on the old system (last season for example) you could have caught up by being awarded points for the 12 games that made general sale or low points. 44K seasoncard holders and they’re all desperate to go and we couldn’t sell 1650 to them. If it wasn’t for high points holders the away end would have been empty. Now with the new system with no points awarded nobody is catching up. Anyone will tell you there are plenty of young lads/lasses at aways already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.