Away tickets

I understand that it works on how many points you have and that if you have a lot of points you are able go to all the games and get more points. If you don't have many, you can't 'earn' as many. Basically a rich get richer type system that gives younger fans, or those with less opportunity to go to aways, little chance of ever catching up.

You don't want to get do you? 11 years ago I had 4,000. Now 25,000. You could have done the same but insisted on changing the system and want it given to you. I did it on my pension, your probably working.

You don't want to get do you? 11 years ago I had 4,000. Now 25,000. You could have done the same but insisted on changing the system and want it given to you. I did it on my pension, your probably working.

Oh I do get it. The current system works very well for you and so you're happy with it regardless. Self-protectionism is quite understandable.

I don't want anything given to me. I did my time at away matches in the 80s and 90s and only attend very few now (by choice). Any system change is not going to help me in the slightest. Maybe there isn't a better system. In a ballot I guess people can ask for tickets even if they don't intend on going and if they get them, sell them on, unless there are ID checks. I just don't like the points system for tickets, even though it doesn't directly affect me. I must admit that I like the new system even less though.

Oh I do get it. The current system works very well for you and so you're happy with it regardless. Self-protectionism is quite understandable.

I don't want anything given to me. I did my time at away matches in the 80s and 90s and only attend very few now (by choice). Any system change is not going to help me in the slightest. Maybe there isn't a better system. In a ballot I guess people can ask for tickets even if they don't intend on going and if they get them, sell them on, unless there are ID checks. I just don't like the points system for tickets, even though it doesn't directly affect me. I must admit that I like the new system even less though.

Certainly the United lads I know who do aways all apply for tickets in the ballot whether they intend going or not. Then sort out among themselves who is going based on however many they have got from the ballot between them.

There's no perfect system but I think it could be better.

I've just bought a West Ham ticket in the home section next to the away fans and that's cost me £66 for one ticket when I'd love to have bought two away tickets for less. At least I've not lost out on loyalty points this year.

Old Yorkshire saying " you don't get out get nowt" but you can always try to get Jeremy Corbin into power.

There were 2280 points available last season, maybe you’ve moved up the ladder, maybe the malaise of attending away fixtures continues, maybe...

I'm not sure but we really didn't do that many games last season so a move up the ladder would surprise me.

Games we did where we got our points:

Charity shield
Cardiff
Tottenham
Lyon
Leicester x2
Watford
Crystal Palace
Newcastle
Southampton
Everton
League Cup finsl
Fa cup final

Others we or I did with no points awarded were:

West ham
Fulham
Burnley
Newport
Brighton (the fa cup semi and not last game of the season before anyone gets mad)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.