Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullsh1t. Completely different. Sancho did not have a contact. No City weakness at all. Obviously don't know what you are talking about. 2 years left on contract. Don't need to sell. Bayern trying to undermine the player. I smell claptrap put about by his agent trying to get a better deal. City want him to sign but got 2 years to do it.
So why are we here then? The player holds the cards here, though he got here by passing up on a lucrative offer. That does not mean he wants to play for Bayern Munich. I think he'll stay, but if he does move, it will be for a lot less than he is worth, because City will know that if he doesn't move this window, his value will plunge in the transfer market.

Bayern have been able to dictate this transfer process all Summer because of the player's well known contractual situation, however his ambition may not be to go to Bayern Munich. I think that would be a huge mistake on his part. He should stay at City.

I think you believe too much of what you read in the papers.

Your club might be left looking very foolish indeed in a few days time. Especially if FIFA do their job. There are ways to conduct transfers, and the confuct of Bayerm Munich has been extremely disrespectful.
Nothing to do with Fifa or UEFA. No law against being disrespectful.

Doesn’t he have 2 years left on his contract? I know it might get to the point where he is looking like he won’t sign but if that’s the case then surely City would bite the bullet next summer and sell him then and still be able to get a £80m plus fee. If City still want him here then I’m sure he will be.

He’d have to publicly ask for a transfer for us to even contemplate it if we don’t want to sell.

I do think he’ll end up going to Bayern but I think it’s more likely to be next summer. If Pep thinks he’s a bad influence as some have suggested, and wants rid beforehand then perhaps he’ll go this summer for £120m+.

Whatever happens I think City are still in a decent position. If we do sell I just hope we’ve got a top class replacement lined up.
I too think he'll stay, but not because City can dictate terms, but because the player has little interest in playing in the Bundesliga.

So why are we here then? The player holds the cards here, though he got here by passing up on a lucrative offer. That does not mean he wants to play for Bayern Munich. I think he'll stay, but if he does move, it will be for a lot less than he is worth, because City will know that if he doesn't move this window, his value will plunge in the transfer market.

Bayern have been able to dictate this transfer process all Summer because of the player's well known contractual situation, however his ambition may not be to go to Bayern Munich. I think that would be a huge mistake on his part. He should stay at City.

Like I said I smell bullshit. Bayern dictate? Cobblers. He is a City player for the next 2, I repeat, 2 years. If this was next year I might agree.

Nothing to do with Fifa or UEFA. No law against being disrespectful.
There are very explicit rules about talking to a player without the consent of the football club who hold his registration. I've posted them on here before.

I think that's not relevant. Leicester only paid what 2million for Mahrez and sold him for 60.
What's relevant is how much players like him are sold for and length of his contract imo. And to Bayern, Leroy is worth way more than Mahrez to us and much younger too.
It matters not what we value him at, if he really wants to go to Bayern we either accept 90 million which is below value, or keep an unhappy player and then he walks for nothing in 2 seasons

There are very explicit rules about talking to a player without the consent of the football club who hold his registration. I've posted them on here before.
As far as we know, Sane hasn't spoken to anybody, His agents may have, Bayern may have spoken about him, but there is no evidence Sane himself has spoken to Bayern.

Like I said I smell bullshit. Bayern dictate? Cobblers. He is a City player for the next 2, I repeat, 2 years. If this was next year I might agree.
See Pep's comments. I am confident he will not sign for Bayern, less confident though that he will be a City player in 2 years time. Ideally, he publically humiliates Bayern by merely doing nothing, and extends his contract at City. That is what I hope for, but I am not going to pretend that City hold the cards here, when it is obviously the player. I do not think much of his agent though. The player should be concentrating on his footballing development right now, not entertaining an auction.

As far as we know, Sane hasn't spoken to anybody, His agents may have, Bayern may have spoken about him, but there is no evidence Sane himself has spoken to Bayern.
If you think this is an acceptable way to conduct a transfer then I don't know what to say to you. The rules are explicit. Very often they are abused, but in my opinion, clubs who try and buy players should do so privately and not try and destabilise the player's relationship with his existing club. They have been using the media to appeal directly to the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.