Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It matters not what we value him at, if he really wants to go to Bayern we either accept 90 million which is below value, or keep an unhappy player and then he walks for nothing in 2 seasons

And as a business,there is no way they would let that happen,(leave for nothing scenario)…..surely !

If you think this is an acceptable way to conduct a transfer then I don't know what to say to you. The rules are explicit. Very often they are abused, but in my opinion, clubs who try and buy players should do so privately and not try and destabilise the player's relationship with his existing club. They have been using the media to appeal directly to the player.
Spot on and in a not very subtle way. Hoeness and Rummenigge the president and chairman of the club have been outspoken, at least half a dozen of their players have come out and commented and even Low has commented on it. Can you imagine any UK club using the media to manipulate a transfer and would Southgate really comment on a proposed transfer? I said weeks ago on this thread that every time they open their mouths we should add on £10m to the fee. Leroy needs to come out and say that although he flattered by the attention he wants to stay at City for the forseeable future and play with the best players and under the best coach.

If you think this is an acceptable way to conduct a transfer then I don't know what to say to you. The rules are explicit. Very often they are abused, but in my opinion, clubs who try and buy players should do so privately and not try and destabilise the player's relationship with his existing club. They have been using the media to appeal directly to the player.
Acceptable no, but that doesn't mean they have broken rules that would involve UEFA getting involved.

This isnt a replacement out there.
Hence Bayern pecking our head. They know it.
Pep has made many wide attackers into great players, he got the best out of Coman, Costa, Sterling, Bernardo. He'll get the best out of Sane if he stays or his replacement if he doesn't.

See Pep's comments. I am confident he will not sign for Bayern, less confident though that he will be a City player in 2 years time. Ideally, he publically humiliates Bayern by merely doing nothing, and extends his contract at City. That is what I hope for, but I am not going to pretend that City hold the cards here, when it is obviously the player. I do not think much of his agent though. The player should be concentrating on his footballing development right now, not entertaining an auction.
City hold all the cards mate, if German rags want him this season, put a bid on the table of £140m and get serious, stop running to press like pussies talking shit everyday. This is what I think will happen, Leroy will play more this season and sign a £250k a wk contract at City January 2020 and that will be the end of it.

City hold all the cards mate, if German rags want him this season, put a bid on the table of £140m and get serious, stop running to press like pussies talking shit everyday. This is what I think will happen, Leroy will play more this season and sign a £250k a wk contract at City January 2020 and that will be the end of it.
I don’t agree that we hold all the cards. We hold some cards, in that he’s under contract at City for 2 more years, but Bayern hold some valuable cards of their own too, particularly that Leroy has effectively rejected a new deal in all but word. Also, his value is set to plummet in the near future. That’s a pretty big card, as it will influence City’s thoughts on what would be a fair price.

So you think Bayern should decide what our own player is worth? Strongly disagree with that mentality. As would any Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea board member if he was on their books, on the same contract. It's the whole reason they went public before putting a bid in, unsettle the player and drive the price down. Why else would know their bid before they'd even contacted the club, if it wasn't a deliberate ploy?

We are under no obligation to do Bayern any favours, nor Leroy for that matter. He can go but only for the right price, is the only way to look at it. The club comes first. £90m would be a steal in this market and show we've learned absolutely nothing when it comes to player sales.

As I've said earlier, City are in a stronger position than Bayern, we don't need to sell(plenty of time left) and they can't afford to wait a year. They are desperate for a big signing for the wings. Leroy has 2 full years left and he's on a lower tier wage. So if he is still a City player at the end of this transfer window, from his point of view he might as well extend and get a pay rise, then let us bank a higher fee next summer if he wants to leave. It would serve Bayern right.

We could make a mockery of all the FFP claims if we play this right, so yes we do need the money IMO. As much as possible. Would rather he stayed though personally, as nice as the net spend trophy would be.

If Bayern choose not pay the price we think he is worth, or any other club for that matter, then he is not worth it. That is how value is ascertained.

I buy and sell many products, quite often I release them for less than ‘market’ value because nobody was willing to pay its list price. It happens a lot in many forms of purchasing.

Do I think Sane is worth the ridiculous numbers being thrown about? No. Not at all.

Like I said, he will go for between £80 to £90 million, 100 at a stretch and anywhere within that is decent money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.