Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree that we hold all the cards. We hold some cards, in that he’s under contract at City for 2 more years, but Bayern hold some valuable cards of their own too, particularly that Leroy has effectively rejected a new deal in all but word. Also, his value is set to plummet in the near future. That’s a pretty big card, as it will influence City’s thoughts on what would be a fair price.
As will Peps thoughts, if he'd rather be working with players that are fully committed and want to be here, he might prefer to sell and get in a replacement before the window shuts.

If Bayern choose not pay the price we think he is worth, or any other club for that matter, then he is not worth it. That is how value is ascertained.

I buy and sell many products, quite often I release them for less than ‘market’ value because nobody was willing to pay its list price. It happens a lot in many forms of purchasing.

Do I think Sane is worth the ridiculous numbers being thrown about? No. Not at all.

Like I said, he will go for between £80 to £90 million, 100 at a stretch and anywhere within that is decent money.
Our problem is that Bayern seem to be the only club interested in him. We might actually get more for him next year, even though his contract will be shorter, if more clubs are interested

I'd say this is the case, provided the selling club wants to, or needs to, sell the player. Otherwise, no, not at all.

We don’t want or need to sell Sane, but he wants to leave and his people are making noise.

Unfortunately we are in negotiations with Bayern Munich here and there is not prayer they will pay some of the crazy numbers people are throwing about on here. If it was Real Madrid I would have a little more confidence but that wouldn’t happen because he would never go there.

He is German and could potentially play for the biggest German club as the poster boy. His head has been turned. Unfortunately Bayern hold much more power than people are willing to admit here.

This black and white attitude of ‘we don’t have to fucking sell him’ doesn’t work in business like this. If it’s clear he wants out and won’t sign a deal then that changes the landscape.

Don't talk stupid, you just had a boy from the Portuguese league go for 114m, Leroy has been doing it in the EPl and your saying he will go for 80-90m, I laugh at comments on here, at least compare apples with apples, I'm glad your not negotiating on City behalf.

Unfortunately you are not quite grasping it.

I’ll revisit this with you in around a weeks time when he’s been sold for around £90 million.

Well, I said a good while ago that my dream was for City to string along these German Rags, and their tax evading jailbird manipulator.
Only a couple of weeks or so to go, then, with any luck, Pep, Txiki and Co. can wave two fingers at Bayern and say, 'Tough shit, wankers.'

We don’t want or need to sell Sane, but he wants to leave and his people are making noise.

Unfortunately we are in negotiations with Bayern Munich here and there is not prayer they will pay some of the crazy numbers people are throwing about on here. If it was Real Madrid I would have a little more confidence but that wouldn’t happen because he would never go there.

He is German and could potentially play for the biggest German club as the poster boy. His head has been turned. Unfortunately Bayern hold much more power than people are willing to admit here.

This black and white attitude of ‘we don’t have to fucking sell him’ doesn’t work in business like this. If it’s clear he wants out and won’t sign a deal then that changes the landscape.
Unfortunately I think you are correct. City could of course take the difficult route and play hard ball demanding a huge figure from Bayern with the knowledge we could throw him to the reserves for two years (or play him minimally damaging his international chances) if none is forthcoming, but that would display an attitude that would dissuade other players from signing long-term contracts. If a player has intimated a desire to play elsewhere, the club will do what it has been doing successfully for some time, bid them farewell with good wishes and concentrate on finding a replacement. It really isn't worth creating a toxic environment and bad publicity for the sake of £50million. Just ask Leroy to allow sell-on clauses, buy-back options etc in the new contract.

Although hopefully all this is bullshit anyway.

Do City fans on here honestly think Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon(go back and watch his end off season.video and his comments about Tebas) and Soriano are going to capitulate to Bayern on Leroy's transfer fee? Lol!

As you all know, those 3 aren"t mugs, gullible, naive, stupid, etc.

Imagine Bayern officials facing Khaldoon, Soriano, and Tixi across the table trying to negotiate and to dictate a £80mill transfer fee for Sane. No, neither can I.

I just cannot believe there are City fans who honestly think Bayern are going to sign Sane for £80mill, and Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon, Soriano, and Tixi will let them do that. ( shakes head in disbelief)

Well, I said a good while ago that my dream was for City to string along these German Rags, and their tax evading jailbird manipulator.
Only a couple of weeks or so to go, then, with any luck, Pep, Txiki and Co. can wave two fingers at Bayern and say, 'Tough shit, wankers.'
That's what I hope is going on, and there's a very good chance of it too. There might be some very unhappy Bayern fans and an unhappy coach in a few days time.

Replacing Robben and Ribery was key for Bayern, and it would be very funny if they have wasted the entire transfer window on a wild goose chase.

Unfortunately you are not quite grasping it.

I’ll revisit this with you in around a weeks time when he’s been sold for around £90 million.
Look mate we are in a very strong position because Bayern want him NOW, not in a year, not in 2 yrs time but now, so if you think City should just roll over and except a paltry fee, and btw City don't want to sell, your very much mistaken, I get where your coming from, but all this City don't hold many cards bollocks is just bollocks, so let's see how it pans out, i think he will stay and I do grasp it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.