Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City are not in talks with Bayern Munich about Germany winger Leroy Sane. The Blues will not be spending any portion of a transfer on Real Sociedad winger Mikel Oyarzabal, if Leroy Sané was to leave the club. [@StuBrennanMEN]
Poor grammar for a journalist but good news nonetheless, if true.

If Bayern choose not pay the price we think he is worth, or any other club for that matter, then he is not worth it. That is how value is ascertained.

I buy and sell many products, quite often I release them for less than ‘market’ value because nobody was willing to pay its list price. It happens a lot in many forms of purchasing.

Do I think Sane is worth the ridiculous numbers being thrown about? No. Not at all.

Like I said, he will go for between £80 to £90 million, 100 at a stretch and anywhere within that is decent money.
Disagree again. Fist off this is nothing like buying or selling goods. The market itself dictates what he is worth, he's one of the best young players in Europe already and he's some way off his prime. What you or I think of the "ridiculous" numbers being thrown around is irrelevant, clubs have already paid more for lesser players, with more to prove. What one club is willing to pay is irrelevant if we are not looking to sell and he hasn't even said he wants to leave so I don't know why you're trying to argue that in the first place. I also think even if there is interest, people are vastly overestimating the need for Bayern to be the club he goes to.

Secondly, many of the: "sell now and say thankyou because I can't be arsed waiting for this to be sorted" types keep missing a key point when they say: "He can walk for a free in 2 years if we're not careful". I'm almost certain that we'd get £90m next summer if he still wants to go(I can see other offers coming in for him to tempt him too, since he is seemingly listening to offers), selling now for that price would be stupid for a start. Then there's the fact that neither Leroy or Bayern can afford to wait that long and probably wont, which puts City in the driving seat. Leroy himself can't afford to wait that long at this stage of his career, if he already felt he wasn't getting enough game time last season, imagine the prospect of two more seasons with possibly even less game time. For that reason from his point of view he would be best advised to sign the extension, that serves HIS best interests(not Bayerns who he owes nothing... a payrise, bonus incentives, a certain amount of minutes etc) and City put a buyout clause in to show they wont stand in his way for the right price. One which is fair... like I said £120m is more than fair, because he's worth £150m in this market easily. Anyone saying different needs to pay attention to recent transfer fees, perhaps also paying attention to how the selling club handled their side(none of this "oh they are only willing to pay us this much?... Okay then deal! :) "). Bayern definitely can't wait 2 seasons, they are desperate to start their rebuild and they want Sané(do not be fooled, they will pay up) we are not desperate to sell, if they can't afford him this summer, they'll have to come back next summer, it's that simple.

Anyway, at this point we will both be repeating ourselves by taking this any further. I understood your points but just didn't agree with many of them. I know what I'm hoping for(other than him staying) and that would be to send a message not just to Bayern but other clubs for future reference i.e. No tapping our players up and then trying to set your own lowball offer.

The netspend balance is a secondary bonus point as far as I'm concerned but an important one going forward. When Pep came in, a rebuild was long over due and he was the right man to do it. None of the press called it a rebuild though or recognised the need for it. A lot of the cartel clubs are due a rebuild themselves currently(notice the difference in narrative from the press?), there's Bayern obviously who are right to be wary of their public criticism of City coming back to bite them. There's Real who just spent short of £300m this window, Barca spent over £200m(how long do Messi and Suarez have left?) and United need yet another rebuild in a short space of time. I wonder if the "total transfer spends in the last 5 years" comparisons will start to vanish from papers and websites in the next couple of years? Just as the inflation complaints did when they realised the old guard are actually the worst for it. City will have the joint lowest record transfer fee of the top 6 PL clubs, if Arsenal sign Pépé.

Last edited:
Gabby talked about playing time recently and a report from brazil said he is giving here 1 more year
No no don't say that, Karen you've gone and upset me now, I know some City fans think Gabby is just ok but I think he's world class, I love the guy. :(

There is a good Brazil source regarding our players,gabby himself wants more mins,sergio is the no 1 so he might not get what he wants.pep has not been playing him for a reason,offsides don't help
So when it's a player you want to keep the media are shit stirring, but when it's Jesus, who you have criticised a lot, then we are supposed to believe them?

Where is this report about him giving it one more year? Considering he has 4 years left on his deal and was just given the number 9 shirt, it seems unlikely.

So when it's a player you want to keep the media are shit stirring, but when it's Jesus, who you have criticised a lot, then we are supposed to believe them?

Where is this report about him giving it one more year? Considering he has 4 years left on his deal and was just given the number 9 shirt, it seems unlikely.
I don't want him to leave,he is the one talking about not getting enough mins,it's in his thread,i don't scoff at decent sources,i'm an avid reader so i know who has decent info and who doesn't,i think he should be patient but when are youngsters ever patient
Anyway i digress,back to Sane

I don't want him to leave,he is the one talking about not getting enough mins,it's in his thread,i don't scoff at decent sources,i'm an avid reader so i know who has decent info and who doesn't,i think he should be patient but when are youngsters ever patient
Anyway i digress,back to Sane
Cant say I’ve ever noticed anyone having decent info consistently , random people sometimes pick up the odd snippet. 99% seems guess work to me.

He signed the deal we offered him & has two years left.

No right at all to assume he has to sign a new one just to suit flappers on here.
Not a flapper fella don’t give 2 fucks if he stays or goes just sick of certain players sulking because they don’t get what they want . This is the real world not wonka world we’re the streets are made of candy . And I don’t buy this keeping quiet Bollox aswell . If he wants us then he says so . Why do you think Bayern are going for him then . It’s because his body language is terrible during games and when he is sat on the bench and nobody can argue that he always looks fucked off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.