“City Matters” fan committee

Don't forget that CM only came about because the EPL insisted that clubs consult with their supporters. The club were only ever going to pay lip service to the views of fans as shown by their disdain for fans views on price increases, platinum etc.

I did not know that.

Approximately a quarter of Wales fans in Croatia in June were denied entry to the match because their ID didn’t match the name on the ticket. It was a requirement there. Instinct says it’s more people buying for friends (they stagger it with recent aways) but the percentage shocked a few.

I think if they really pushed Name checks they would find 1 in 3/4 or so was not held by the name on the ticket. These checks would be slow and could a lot of unrest and anger which would lead to queues, fights, and sadly crushes.

Is this true ? I know in the past you had to have the required points to get s place on there flights .. is this a new thing for this season ?
And have CM really had knowledge of this ?
If so how have they not stood down in protest.

Because they love the limelight and have no integrity.

The voting has just opened for the vacant positions on the City Matters committee.
The disability fans rep are up first but anyone can vote.
Read what the candidates have written seems the candidates have different perspectives.

Has the voting closed? I spotted 2 names on the cityzens site while on the mobile yesterday but didnt vote or see any info on their views/points of interest. Appears to have gone now.

Good Post. I think Prestwich Blue was told (by the Club’s CM Reps) that Soriano decides on Season Card prices so it was out of bounds. That might have been the time to jack it in, in hindsight.
Every single one of them on the CM panel should have walked away. Let it come out in the press and make the club look daft.

Sounds like a good laugh in the Centre Centre Branch. For info, I’ve already posted that I didn’t apply for any tickets for my Branch for the Bournemouth game. Nobody complained about the West Ham game because it went to lower points than people expected. We got 2 tickets for West Ham but it would have reached the members’ points anyway.

I think that the arguing between sections of support will just make it easier to give more tickets to Corporates. It’s also too early to see the impact of the City Matters changes. When the West Ham game went to low points a lot of people said we need to give it a few games to see the impact but changed their tune when Bournemouth sold out at high points.
City Centre Branch at The Hare and Hounds was a great laugh. Some cracking guests, Weaver, Trautmann, Young. Although for reasons I could never quite fathom, Alex Stepney was the Club President (he was, to give him his due, City goalkeeping coach at the time). Alex inevitably got stick for his past, but he gave as good as he got. He also often brought down Paddy Fagan who became Vice President. Weaver rocked up on Shudehill in his blacked out Merc, two days before we played Blackburn (the 4-1 promotion game) looking distinctly nervous about where he'd been asked to go, but he soon relaxed as everyone was steaming and gave him a great welcome.
Back on topic...I've asked this before, but is there anyone who gave the CM the mandate to:
ask for 18-25yr old tickets
collect tickets at the ground
award no loyalty points for away games
All are ridiculous ideas. We definitely have seen the impact of this, especially at the Bournemouth game, over 100 tix snapped up by the 18-25yr section that would previously have gone to high points.
On the OSC point and it reaching members' points anyway, how do you know that all the tickets that have been given to OSC members are going to people with 15k+ points? If they're not, and I suspect they're not, then that's unfair on the folk sat on 15k points.
Sadly, the club have us by the proverbials here and the whole CM thing seems nothing more than lip-service.

Is this true ? I know in the past you had to have the required points to get s place on there flights .. is this a new thing for this season ?
And have CM really had knowledge of this ?
If so how have they not stood down in protest.
Yes it is true , it starts this season as far as I’m aware, CM reps did have knowledge of it and supported it .

Yes it is true , it starts this season as far as I’m aware, CM reps did have knowledge of it and supported it .
It started last season. I know because I used Thomas Cook for Schalke and didn't have enough points for match ticket. I booked the flight and was then contacted by the club to buy my match ticket. As did my mate who also didn't have enough points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.