Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they'd have quoted £60m it would still be ridiculous and the difference with the Maguire deal - apart from HM being a much better CB - is united were desperate and Leicester will be fighting with them for top 6 this season. Of course they don't have to sell anyone but just say he's not for sale without quoting Leicester what they've just got for Maguire.
I just found it annoying.

Leicester are hyenas???

I just don't get why it's upset you so much to the extent that you're wishing relegation on them. He's not for sale unless anyone wants to offer stupid money. They think they need Ake more than they need £40m or whatever Leicester might offer. Good for them.

If fans of big clubs are so affronted at the suggestion it might cost £70m to sign bang average homegrown players from now on then it's probably a good thing anyway as big clubs may as well start.making better use of their own academies instead.

If the likes of Ake and Dunk are as mediocre as everybody says they are then it shouldn't be hard to find better in your own youth system.

It’s all about opinions but I’d say Ake and Maguire are both very average - without home grown quotas neither would be considered by top six teams.
Pep thinks Maguire is a very good player, I would trust his judgement on him.

Pep thinks Maguire is a very good player, I would trust his judgement on him.
Well, given Pep's hyperbolic tendencies there are plenty "very good" players. Would he even consider him if he wasn't English and there were no homegrown quota constraints?

Ake is absolutely bang average. Looking calm and being calm are not the same thing. I've seen him left for dead by far too many strikers.

the manager is a bell end. too proud to say "I got it wrong"

i do know laporte applied for spanish citizenship ?? and then was asked back to play for france and they picked him for 2 friendly games but never played ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.