Welcome Joao Cancelo

yep its the option we badly needed and the shape can be anything at the back
I’m sure Pep will have ideas about formations - it’s one of the things he never tires of - innovation - I said in the thread about a back 3 - surely we don’t need a back 4 when we play park the bus teams who hardly get in our half (probably about 70% of PL teams) and 3 man defence in those games would allow us to get more men forward to break teams down

I’m sure Pep will have ideas about formations - it’s one of the things he never tires of - innovation - I said in the thread about a back 3 - surely we don’t need a back 4 when we play park the bus teams who hardly get in our half (probably about 70% of PL teams) and 3 man defence in those games would allow us to get more men forward to break teams down
Tbh, our 4-3-3 is more of a 2-3-2-3 when attacking, because of our full backs dropping inside. When we attempted 3-5-2 we looked to have too many men spare at the back, with little attacking advantage apart from Mendy's low crosses. It also negated Sane's attacking play

Also, don’t know if anyone else has mentioned this about Danilo, but not a bad return for games to trophies ratio: he won a trophy every 12th game he played!

60 games, 2 titles, 2 league cups, 1 F.A. Cup

Is that the best return for any player at City?
Think Foden might beat that!

Differnt options but I'd rather go for the first one:

Aguero Sterling
Mendy Bernardo Rodri De Bruyne Cancelo
Laporte Stones Walker
Ederson

Sterling Aguero Bernardo
Silva Rodri De Bruyne
Mendy Laporte Stones Cancelo
Ederson​
Interesting team selections - but look at the quality of players who would be on the bench and don’t make it into those teams - Sane Jesus Silva Zinchenko Fernandinho Angelino Foden Otamendi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.