United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They picked him because those early results made them think they had stumbled on a winner. Instead of delaying his appointment until the end of the season,just to make sure they did have a winner,they did the usual and hailed him as Pisscan II. They don't learn do they?
Ole the unpolished diamond that when polished it turned out to be a piece of shit

The few genuine United fans I know are basically already waiting for the season to be over and next summer when the season hasn’t even started.

They see no hope with the squad they have, a season of turgid football from players who couldn’t give a shit as long as hey get their 500k a week, they even now acknowledge the manager isn’t good enough but think they can’t get rid of him because they have to give somebody a few seasons as they’re so far behind now, there’s not even a slight chance of a quick fix.

8/9th would be marvellous to witness, I Don’t want them to go down, I want the slow decline into mediocrity, many years spent there then the fall into survival being the only objective year on year.
A slow tortuous demise, followed by relegation, bankruptcy and several points deductions on their way to Evostick north...

They were only 3 places above the drop in the previous season. Can't see them falling that low but would love to be proved wrong. I can still feel the sense of relief getting out of the swamp when Law scored his funniest goal.

I didn't say they would be relegated this season (but I refuse to give up hope) I merely said that it can and has happened. Perhaps if we all close our eyes and try really really hard to believe it will happen.....

anyway, as you say, in 72/73 they were already deep in the shit, 73/74 was the icing on the cake, who is to say that this wont be repeated this season and next :-) As I keep saying, you have to believe.

Did you have your Rentboy Bingo card handy?

The 15 squares are as follows

Sir Alex
Biggest Club in the World
20 Times Champions
Legends
Attacking football
United Way
Best In the World (re Pogba or De Gea)
Old Trafford
In the Red and White
Fast counter attacking
Class of 92
Where we belong
Fitter
Rashy
You missed Man Utd DNA

There is a thread on the Caf called "Pep's spending is insane".

Now i am the first to admit that we have spent vast sums to get to the top but our spending over the last couple of years has eased off signifiantly. The irony is that they have outspent us again this summer and the fans are up in arms that they haven't spent more, The facts are we had to spend big to catch up with the cartel, they have spent vast sums as well but have generally bought much inferior players. You have to wonder how they can spend the money they have this summer and actually weaken their squad.

So their squad is:

Keepers: De Gea, Romero, Grant, J Pereira

Fullbacks: Wan-Bissaka, Shaw, Young, Dalot, Darmian, Fosu-Mensah

Centre-Halves: Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Tuanzebe

Centre midfield: Matic, McTominay, Fred, A Pereira

Attacking midfield: Pogba (Listed here for practical purposes), Mata, Lingard, James, Gomes

Forwards: Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Greenwood

The question is: who out of them would even get into our entire squad?

Keepers: I'd take Donut Thief as Eddie's back up - maybe. Hesitation would be that even though Bravo isn't as good at shot-stopping, he's a lot better fit to our overall game

Fullbacks: Wan-Bissaka wouldn't get in ahead of Walker or Cancelo. Shaw I'd take as back up to Mendy, provided he trimmed some fat from his arse and gut. No to the rest

Centre halves: Slabhead is the only one who'd make our squad - the rest, rubbish

Centre midfield: Hahahahaha. Nup. Not one of you

Attacking midfield: Only Carlton, and that would be as a luxury super sub type. He'd never start in any game of importance

Forwards: I'd take one of Rashford or Whatshisname but only as a third wheel to Aguero and Jesus, where I believe you may be able to squeeze someone in

That's 5 players from a squad of 30 that I've listed who would get into ours. Five. And yes, whilst we despise them which could be clouding my judgement, I challenge someone to come back at me with rational arguments to propose something other than what I have written.

For the club they profess to be they're in dire straits, and that is no exaggeration.
I stopped reading at the alpaca,are you mad? not a single one would even get through the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.