Var debate 2019/20

They are 'measuring' less than that already, hence why Sterling was given offside.

Just draw another line, 6 inches, or even 1ft further back, than the last defender & use that as the offside line. Then any doubt goes to the attacker & anyone given offside, is truly offside.
Solution - well done mate

They told us he was how many mm, 11, so I’m sure they could, how reproducible and accurate it would be is another matter.
In essence my point was down playing its accuracy and using it for clear offsides that have been missed, and giving advantage to attacker or defender for those var can’t be 100% sure.

Perhaps they are using some form of super powerrful X Ray to pick out the shoulder bones of the players involved, then measuring the centre of each & using lazer like beams to then draw a line perfectly straight, to the ground.

Or perhaps they are just telling lies.

it simply does not sit well with me that 3 or more persons who are supposed to be not in any way influenced by any club can sit behind a locked door and trump up a reason for not giving a goal,they can even jiggle the frames around to suit their final decision,as i pointed out in previous the only way VAR will work and work without any prejudice would be to remove the human decision (computer tech if available) if not ready then VAR is not ready,its going to be highlighted every week until the end of season and my guess is they will bin it

Using computer tech is the only way it will work as day one has already proven that the game is too fast for human decision making (even assuming there is no element of bias)

Ps loving your use of the word ‘trump’ in this context :)

Perhaps they are using some form of super powerrful X Ray to pick out the shoulder bones of the players involved, then measuring the centre of each & using lazer like beams to then draw a line perfectly straight, to the ground.

Or perhaps they are just telling lies.
And if that puts us onside, rubbing it out and starting again, agree

If its computer tech then it has to be computer tech that makes the decision without human interference or what is the point but that the clear and obvious error application can ONLY be decided by human decision and that can be biased and manipulated so we are back at square one. While the tech works for other sports im just not sure its ready for football (goal line tech being the exception).

also Dean didnt want to give the penalty, he actually waved it away but the voice in his ear told him it was a penalty before VAR was even used , so if it wasnt the VAR officials talking to him who made that split decision that it was a penalty and told Dean to give it?

i'm being serious here- how about micro chips in a players boot to prove offside (this will be 100% proof) and the other parts of the body become non offside
I think great idea but doesn’t solve when was ball played unless that is chipped as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.