City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

Anyone remember that Mr and Missus thing that was on at half time at a game last season? With a video of the bloke turning up at his wife’s work to “surprise” [it was terribly acted as she clearly already knew it was happening] her with free tickets to the game.

It’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen at a football game.

Fuck all that shite off!

Get's worse each year though.

Remember when they had randomer on the pitch before each match singing blue moon (think it pellegrinis first season). Was just tragic really.

To be honest whenever I’m sat in City square or the ground at half time most people seem to be sat around or wondering about doing their own thing with the presenters entertainment in the background, people listen to bits and pieces but don’t seem that bothered either way who the presenters are. Can’t say I’ve heard any passing opinions either way.

Too bloody right!

Pre-game all we need is videos of past goals, old and recent. Then cut the sound off with ten minutes to go before kick off (especially in the big games) and let the crowd build our own atmosphere. Then the guy who announces the teams.

At half time all we need is highlights of the first half and some Manchester tunes.

Post-game as we need is highlights of the game, scores from other games and the league table.

All of this could be done by the lad who announces the teams and shouts the goal scorer’s name.

We don’t need “entertaining” while the game isn’t being played. We’re not that moronic that we need every second of our time occupied with something we have to focus on. We are all very capable of , and like to, chat to the people we sit with (which is often hard to do as Fanzone and Natasha are shouting down the mic and the volume is at full whack, it’s that loud sometimes you can’t hear the person stood right next to you!)

I couldn't agree more.

Too bloody right!

Pre-game all we need is videos of past goals, old and recent. Then cut the sound off with ten minutes to go before kick off (especially in the big games) and let the crowd build our own atmosphere. Then the guy who announces the teams.

At half time all we need is highlights of the first half and some Manchester tunes.

Post-game as we need is highlights of the game, scores from other games and the league table.

All of this could be done by the lad who announces the teams and shouts the goal scorer’s name.

We don’t need “entertaining” while the game isn’t being played. We’re not that moronic that we need every second of our time occupied with something we have to focus on. We are all very capable of , and like to, chat to the people we sit with (which is often hard to do as Fanzone and Natasha are shouting down the mic and the volume is at full whack, it’s that loud sometimes you can’t hear the person stood right next to you!)

Agree with most of this except ‘letting the crowd build our own atmosphere’ because in both the singing section and SS lower those that generally make the most noise are still on the concourse under the stand having a pint 10 minutes before the match starts.
It generally doesn’t seem to be the same with home fans at the few away games I go to, the home fans are generally ‘up for it’. Are they always like this or is it because we bring great away support and are nowadays seen as a big scalp, much the same as we are against the rest of the top six ( plus the rags )?

No, I have t got a clue how to solve this, unallocated seating (other than block you are in) would lead to arguments over who sits (stands) where - it’s not like the Kippax where you could squeeze your way in to be stood with your mates and people would naturally move along, plus, you could take your pint in with you and there was no concourse as such, just an open area behind the stand to get pissed wet through in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with most of this except ‘letting the crowd build our own atmosphere’ because in both the singing section and SS lower those that generally make the most noise are still on the concourse under the stand having a pint 10 minutes before the match starts.
It generally doesn’t seem to be the same with home fans at the few away games I go to, the home fans are generally ‘up for it’. Are they always like this or is it because we bring great away support and are nowadays seen as a big scalp, much the same as we are against the rest of the top six ( plus the rags )?

No, I have t got a clue how to solve this, unallocated seating (other than block you are in) would lead to arguments over who sits (stands) where - it’s not like the Kippax where you could squeeze your way in to be stood with your mates and people would naturally move along, plus, you could take your pint in with you and there was no concourse as such, just an open area behind the stand to get pissed wet through in.

It's mainly the big scalp thing. The times I went to Anfield, Stamford Bridge, etc before 2008-09 the atmosphere was usually pretty poor when playing City. And vice versa, even at Maine Road the atmosphere would often be nothing special against the Coventrys of the world, but red hot against Scouse, etc.

It's human nature. When you think you are almost certainly going to win (and you go 2 up early ish) then there is little at stake to get too worked up about.

They way city are going they are glad to see these old school guys out. Just look at who runs their social media pages. Its young Hip influencers with the character and poise to deliver the content.

Mcclean and wingman arent going to be in front of the camera taking about life at city to the world under awash of emojis and PG Banter.

They way city are going they are glad to see these old school guys out. Just look at who runs their social media pages. Its young Hip influencers with the character and poise to deliver the content.

Mcclean and wingman arent going to be in front of the camera taking about life at city to the world under awash of emojis and PG Banter.

I had a conversation recently with a senior City employee who works within the wider CFG.

I was trying to give them an insight at ground level with regards our support. We aren't talking some 21-year-old post-grad, either.

They had never heard of Bert Trautmann or his story.

That's the core of the people hired these days by the club. CV not City.

That might be true, but I also think it’s a chicken & egg case. The whole reason I stay to have a drink and arrive as late as possible, is exactly because I know they’ll be pumping out the fake atmosphere till 2.59, so don’t bother. If that wasn’t the case, I might be minded to get in a bit earlier

I had a conversation recently with a senior City employee who works within the wider CFG.

I was trying to give them an insight at ground level with regards our support. We aren't talking some 21-year-old post-grad, either.

They had never heard of Bert Trautmann or his story.

That's the core of the people hired these days by the club. CV not City.

Depending on the position of the CFG employee (I'm assuming they're mostly focused on City not, say, Girona or NYCFC), the issue there is not that we're hiring people who don't know who Bert Trautmann is, but that the club doesn't do enough to "indoctrinate" new employees so to speak.

I expect United's new execs all get a full induction with the stadium tour and museum visit the first time they go to Old Trafford to remind them of how big and great they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.