City matchday presenters sacked over podcast (P6)

I like Danny. Ok, he's not the slickest presenter but I think that is a good thing. He doesn't take over the interviews and make it about him, neither does he take himself too seriously and he obviously enjoys what he is doing. It's difficult to dislike him.

I know it is irrelevant to the discussion but he's a good lad.
He’s a top bloke Danny

Am I the only person who thinks that there shouldn't actually be any 'entertainment' at half time, or even before the match (except in City square maybe). The sound system is so bad anyway it is just annoying and irritating, much rather talk to the people around me about the first half without that screeching row where you can only make out one in ten words anyway!!

Here's an idea, save their salaries/wages and reduce the price of the season ticket!!! *tee hee*

(I am not daft or naive enough to think that their money would be enough to reduce the cost, I'm just joking and catching up with the other threads where whenever we are saving money on something we reduce the season ticket!!!)

Am I the only person who thinks that there shouldn't actually be any 'entertainment' at half time, or even before the match (except in City square maybe). The sound system is so bad anyway it is just annoying and irritating, much rather talk to the people around me about the first half without that screeching row where you can only make out one in ten words anyway!!

Here's an idea, save their salaries/wages and reduce the price of the season ticket!!! *tee hee*

(I am not daft or naive enough to think that their money would be enough to reduce the cost, I'm just joking and catching up with the other threads where whenever we are saving money on something we reduce the season ticket!!!)
Too bloody right!

Pre-game all we need is videos of past goals, old and recent. Then cut the sound off with ten minutes to go before kick off (especially in the big games) and let the crowd build our own atmosphere. Then the guy who announces the teams.

At half time all we need is highlights of the first half and some Manchester tunes.

Post-game as we need is highlights of the game, scores from other games and the league table.

All of this could be done by the lad who announces the teams and shouts the goal scorer’s name.

We don’t need “entertaining” while the game isn’t being played. We’re not that moronic that we need every second of our time occupied with something we have to focus on. We are all very capable of , and like to, chat to the people we sit with (which is often hard to do as Fanzone and Natasha are shouting down the mic and the volume is at full whack, it’s that loud sometimes you can’t hear the person stood right next to you!)

Anyone remember that Mr and Missus thing that was on at half time at a game last season? With a video of the bloke turning up at his wife’s work to “surprise” [it was terribly acted as she clearly already knew it was happening] her with free tickets to the game.

It’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen at a football game.

Fuck all that shite off!

My half time has always been the gents or queuing for food and drink. Entertainment unnecessary.

What we need to remember is that putting an accent on is not racist. It’s all about context. Banter between friends is fine. A City podcast less so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.