Future Strikers

This forum really loves to shit on Gabby. I see no reason why he can't be the main man after Aguero leaves and then we bring in a young striker to back him up. GJ's current age is how old Sergio was when he came here, and Jesus has had 2 and a half seasons in our system already.
Not shitting on him, he's a great striker and hope he stays. We're aiming for 2 World Class players in every position and taking over Aguero at 23/24 is a massive ask.

Not shitting on him, he's a great striker and hope he stays. We're aiming for 2 World Class players in every position and taking over Aguero at 23/24 is a massive ask.
Jesus can do it. Someone posted a link to a graphic which shows statistically Jesus is only behind Mbappe as the best U21 striker in the world.

Being only 21 and already pushing world great Aguero for a starting spot says a lot about this kid.

Also remember, Jesus is his own biggest critic. He acknowledged that his form for club & country over an 18 month period should have been better, but made the point himself that he couldn't use injuries as an excuse. That's maturity beyond his years & shows a good upbringing.

We don’t want to lose Sterling’s goals of the wing as well so I don’t see him going central being long term. We are probably also going to lose Leroy (Bayern Pulsic signing is the ultimate place holder).

So over next 2 years we are losing a lot of quality. For Sane we need to look at getting Sancho back, for Aguero we have a replacement in Jesus so we would need to replace his squad place. We should be aiming for the best 20/ 21 year old with a very high ceiling.

The break out striker this year is sitting at Spurs at the moment. Troy Parrott only 17 gone, he was with Spurs on there pre season and looked the part. I was shocked he didnt make there bench for the first game. IF he continues the way he is going he is going to be the one that will replace Kane when he goes off to Barca or Madrid sooner or later. City wont get Kane English player premium if Maguire went for 80 million then Kane you can double it if not more closer to the 200 million mark with Levys pricing.

Jesus can do it. Someone posted a link to a graphic which shows statistically Jesus is only behind Mbappe as the best U21 striker in the world.

Being only 21 and already pushing world great Aguero for a starting spot says a lot about this kid.

Also remember, Jesus is his own biggest critic. He acknowledged that his form for club & country over an 18 month period should have been better, but made the point himself that he couldn't use injuries as an excuse. That's maturity beyond his years & shows a good upbringing.
That's what I love about him. There have been a string of talented young Brazilians who already think they're the best player in the world by the time they're his age, and never hit the heights their talent was capable of, whereas he works hard to improve every season.

That's what I love about him. There have been a string of talented young Brazilians who already think they're the best player in the world by the time they're his age, and never hit the heights their talent was capable of, whereas he works hard to improve every season.
We stuck gold with this boy. He always has a smile on his face, & isn't to be found spilling out of a City Centre nightclub, pissed up on the day of a match.

We should be scouting Santi Mina and Maxi Gomez, hopefully we are. We've two years to plan, scout and recruit the right player and we need to get it right.

Gabriel Jesus is the future number one striker for me. He already has a great scoring record at a young age and has a lot more to his game. Last season I saw him come in for criticism however I personally thought he has improved completely. His movement, his dribbling and his creativity all looked better.

Right now the only two other players I would really want would be Mbappe or Sancho.

What about one of our current crop of kids? Anyone there looking likely?

What about one of our current crop of kids? Anyone there looking likely?

Nmencha is the only out and out striker that has come through in recent years and he has not racked up many goals at any level. Preston last season. On loan at Wolfsberg this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.