Future Strikers

This forum really loves to shit on Gabby. I see no reason why he can't be the main man after Aguero leaves and then we bring in a young striker to back him up. GJ's current age is how old Sergio was when he came here, and Jesus has had 2 and a half seasons in our system already.
Just read a stat on jesus
In the last 10 matches he has been involved in 18 goals, scored or assisted, the guy is a beast, and will become a cult hero at city, more than capable of taking the reigns from Sergio when Sergio calls it a day with us

In the last 10 matches he has been involved in 18 goals, scored or assisted, the guy is a beast, and will become a cult hero at city, more than capable of taking the reigns from Sergio when Sergio calls it a day with us

I hope you are right but I am still not fully convinced. Seems to have a good attitude and has picked up English well. Not sure he has the physical attributes of Sergio who is a bit of a one off and scores some unique goals.

I think so too. Replacing Aguero will be close to mission impossible but Gabriel has so much quality already and he is ten years younger than Aguero. He has a bright future. But in order for him to reach his full potential, he has to start playing more games. But that would mean Aguero on the bench where he would start to lose his sharpness and Pep doesn’t want to risk that. As soon as Guardiola starts noticing a decline in Aguero’s game, Gabriel will be our number one. But that could take another two years as Sergio is better than ever.

I just hope we can keep Jesus happy in the meantime, and not losing him to another club due to lack of gametime.

I think so too. Replacing Aguero will be close to mission impossible but Gabriel has so much quality already and he is ten years younger than Aguero. He has a bright future. But in order for him to reach his full potential, he has to start playing more games. But that would mean Aguero on the bench where he would start to lose his sharpness and Pep doesn’t want to risk that. As soon as Guardiola starts noticing a decline in Aguero’s game, Gabriel will be our number one. But that could take another two years as Sergio is better than ever.

I just hope we can keep Jesus happy in the meantime, and not losing him to another club due to lack of gametime.
In a way is this like Aguero and Forlan of Atletico Madrid? I guess the difference here is that they played together in a 2 more often than not (as far as I remember).

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that Sané is out for a while this season so that Jesus and Aguero can play together more often (with Jesus wide like he plays with Firmino for Brazil).

I hope you are right but I am still not fully convinced. Seems to have a good attitude and has picked up English well. Not sure he has the physical attributes of Sergio who is a bit of a one off and scores some unique goals.

And don't forget he can't head it -;)

In a way is this like Aguero and Forlan of Atletico Madrid? I guess the difference here is that they played together in a 2 more often than not (as far as I remember).

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that Sané is out for a while this season so that Jesus and Aguero can play together more often (with Jesus wide like he plays with Firmino for Brazil).

Yeah I thought about that. I always wanted to see Jesus on the left, Aguero central and Sané on the right, two wingers cutting inside. Jesus awesome dribbling would get rid of the fullbacks easily. But then Sterling improved!

I remember when we smashed Liverpool 5-0 at the Etihad in the beginning of 17/18 season. We then played 3-5-2 with Aguero/Jesus on top. God I loved that. Hope to see more of that now with Cancelo being able to get forward on another level than Walker.

Sanés injury will mean more gametime for both Jesus, Mahrez and Foden. So it’s good and bad at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.