Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

That confirms what a gutless bent lick spittle Redtwat is with that comment. VAR was supposed to negate the "evens it out of a season" bollocks you nob jockey!

Sky had a presenter/pundit team on the City Spurs game today with links to : liverpool, spurs/liverpool, and man united. Seems fair enough really ...

I don't know if I will mate.
I realise it's easy to say I don't like VAR when it's gone against us but I can see now that it had sucked the ecstacy out of scoring any goal.
If I'd just seen that happen to united, I wouldn't be loving it at all! I'd be worried. I hate united but I love football and this is a potential passion destroyer.
I don't want to cheer the relief minutes later, when the VAR eventually says it isn't a goal, I want to cheer the ball hitting the back of the net.

Exactly this. VAR is an entertainment killer.

I think the use of VAR will now see a rise in crowd trouble, it’s one thing thinking the ref has done you, but it goes up a few notches when you see it replayed on the screen in front of you. The end is nigh

I think this will prove to be a major problem in the league going forward, especially for all goal-scoring and offensive teams. We can't continue like this. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand the results of this current VAR-system, that the majority of the crowd will actually stay quiet for a minute or two until the referee gives a thumbs up.
Is it really football anymore? Seriously, it's not even the same sport anymore. I know VAR will improve and become faster but I still can't see these problems going away.

Same, I didn’t think it would matter as we were playing them off the park. Ultimately we didn’t put more than two of the many many chances we created away and that’s why we didn’t win.

I celebrated both the late goals in the two games vs Spurs so I feel robbed even though they were correct.

I think VAR will favour us in the long run.

I think the foul in the first half doesn’t get a pen in the last few seasons 100% of the time even if the ref sees it in real time. I was expecting VAR to give them, but anyway, it’s not why we drew, shit finishing. :(

On the evidence to now it hasn’t

How can you claim the handball was the correct decision?

Fucking fuming.
Just got home and still haven’t seen or heard any proof it was even handball.
As for Rodders first half penalty claim, looked nailed on and have since heard it should’ve been a pen, described on the radio as a wwe move and a rugby tackle.
The ref doesn’t think it’s a pen, fair enough.
So this is where var should come in, to check to see if the referee has missed anything.
They don’t either bother to review it!!!
We’re getting fucked over once again and no one is accountable.
It fucking stinks!!!

I think the use of VAR will now see a rise in crowd trouble, it’s one thing thinking the ref has done you, but it goes up a few notches when you see it replayed on the screen in front of you. The end is nigh

Judging by today it certainly will never seen as much trouble for a long time.

I think even the Spurs players thought it was a goal. No complaints at all. That’s how you can normally judge.

I’m still raging at the wrestling of Rodri and no penalty.
Let’s see how many of these are given for the same offence.
We CANNOT afford to be so wasteful with our chances. We should have been out of sight by half time.

How can we change VAR? How do we affect the people responsible? How do we make them understand that the current system is unacceptable? Ten voices will not exactly be enough. A fucking movement is needed to get their attention because this is turning into a real problem for the sport, but that's not the worst part.

The worst part is that VAR has stopped City in three very narrow situations three times in the past month, almost like the system is there only for us. I genuinely believe that Michael Oliver wouldn't have the balls to disallow a similar goal for Liverpool if he was a referee at Anfield, or even Old Trafford, since the atmosphere is famous for being hostile. The worst part is that this system looks corrupt and its only reason for existing is to affect the game based on interest from powerful people.
The referee doesn’t have the power to make the decision to allow or “disallow a similar goal for Liverpool.” Every goal is reviewed by VAR (even Liverpool’s) and the decisions are made on facts alone - eg. you are either offside or you’re not or the ball either hit your arm or it didn’t. There is no referee discretion being used here. In the case in point today it’s not VAR that’s wrong, it’s the new Law which is ridiculous and unnecessary.

The discretionary VAR decisions (penalties, red cards etc.,) are those where VAR determines if the referee made a clear and obvious error. How they determined Oliver didn’t today for the penalty decisions, or at least one of them, boggles my mind. He should have been overruled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.