Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

I cannot understand how Bernardo makes 3 Spuds look like chimps, then gets elbowed in the face and the free kick goes against him???
When I saw that, I knew this match was ‘fixed’.

fully agree on that one...that was absolutely bizzare!

Just watched the incident for the first time and couldn't help but notice that Laporte had his shirt pulled seconds before the alleged handball, so why did VAR not award a penalty?

That’s a problem with the goons in the VAR booth trying to apply a black and white law to a grey area.

Is Laporte illegally impeded when trying to head the ball? Yes

Is there enough contact to be considered a foul? Probably not

Is there enough contact to prevent him from having a clean header? Yes there is

So in essence, a situation has occurred where Spurs have illegally gained an advantage that has prevented us scoring a goal.

This is where common sense should be applied and allow the play to continue. Yet the rules state otherwise.

By the way, is this handball?

ECM6gNHXYAAI4ui

At the very least should the VAR system not show the infringement upon which whatever bent decision is to be based?

This is what the goal was disallowed for, nice, seems legit

thought the atmosphere was good and the big flag and the displays were great.

According to the premier league's website "Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental", which I think is the basis on which most people have accepted yesterday's decision.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332

However at the bottom of the same page is a link to the IFAB handball law changes in full which has the following definition...

The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:
  • the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
  • a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf
  • the ball did not go into the goal after touching Laporte's arm
  • he did not gain control/possession of the ball after it touched his arm
So why was the goal disallowed?

Infuriating VAR “review” aside (I know, very difficult to do), this showed what we should expect from the officials for the rest of the season for me.

Brace yourself, lads and lasses, it’s going to be a long road full of road blocks and land mines, anything to stop our forward progress.

Unbelievable

According to the premier league's website "Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental", which I think is the basis on which most people have accepted yesterday's decision.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332

However at the bottom of the same page is a link to the IFAB handball law changes in full which has the following definition...

The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:
  • the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
  • a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf
  • the ball did not go into the goal after touching Laporte's arm
  • he did not gain control/possession of the ball after it touched his arm
So why was the goal disallowed?

because of the bit that is in bold and red...deliberate or not it created a goal scoring opportunity

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.