Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Infuriating VAR “review” aside (I know, very difficult to do), this showed what we should expect from the officials for the rest of the season for me.

Brace yourself, lads and lasses, it’s going to be a long road full of road blocks and land mines, anything to stop our forward progress.

Thinking about it, that is far worse than the non penalty or the handball goal, (it was actually given by the linesman) but how did the blind bastard see a foul by Bernie ? it is a brilliant bit of skill from him and it is an appalling decision.

They are discouraged to use the monitors because of time,a last min winner should qualify the use of the monitor if not nothing will,waste of money putting them in

even with the use of the monitor the GJ goal would have been ruled out.....correctly,.....now for the rodri one the ref seeing the replays should give a penalty.....no deia why the VAR ref's didnt but from what the likes of Neville (who was present at the briefings about VAR) has said, it sounds like they ahve tld VAR officials not to over rule a ref unless its obvious that he has missed something......now to us he has clearly missed it but the VAR officials seem to agree with the ref that it wasnt a penalty

the only differnece now from pre var games is that we are arguing abut the incompetanceof two sets of officials and not one (I saw officials as the Lino who would have been stood next to (o at elast very close to) the player taking the corner kick shoul have been looking directly at the incident and he clearly hasnt judged it as a penalty either.

To be honest, mate, I don't believe that Oliver had it in for us, and I'll never subscribe to the view that certain referees have it in for us. Call me naive if you want, but if that were the case, then after more than fifty years, I'd certainly stop watching football. I mean that.
No, the law as it stands is utterly cretinous, as is the current offside law. Everybody (us, dippers, rags, whoever) will be in a rage before the season's out. I guarantee it.

Your Naïve.

no......

they are different things becuase of the use of the word "or"

1. If the player gains possession by use of the hand/arm then its handball...so if the ball had hit laportes arm and dropeed at his fee it would have been a free kick to spurs.
2. if it hits laoprtes arm and goes in then its not a goal
or
3, if its in the build up to a goal...ie city as a team had possession cause of the ball hitting the player on the arm
That's not right at all
1 If the player gains possession by use of the hand/arm then its handball...so if the ball had hit laportes arm and dropeed at his fee it would have been a free kick to spurs. - Maybe but not if the player passes it to a teammate who then passes it on and then 6 passes later a goal is scored (possibly, we don't know how far back a phase of play leading to a goal will be assessed)

2. if it hits laoprtes arm and goes in then its not a goal - correct

3, if its in the build up to a goal...ie city as a team had possession cause of the ball hitting the player on the arm - Incorrect, for it to be deemed handball an attacking player has to gain control/possession of the ball and then make a conscious decision to score or create a goal. The full law from the Fa's website states a frekick is awarded if 'A player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity' If it said 'A player or a teammate gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity' then your interpretation of the goal being correctly disallowed woul be correct. But it doesn't.

its the or creates a goal scoring opportunity bit that is why the goal was disallowed - completely non deliberate but still it helped create the opportnity and was part of the build up
It depends how you read it but to me...

"a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm" - this was not the case

"and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity" - is irrelevant because he never gained control/possession.

Why is no-one saying anything about the Spurs defender grabbing Emeric's arm (foul and pen but we scored anyway) ? Emeric pulls his arm away from the defender's grip and in doing so the ball hits his arm because he was fouled.

On a side issue one of our ST yesterday was blocked stating not been bought !!!!

Went to not so helpful service steward who said it wasn’t coming up as bought and their was an issue from last year

Went to box office/ticket collect and they couldn’t figure out why and issued paper ticket and said club would be in touch this week

There was at least 60 other cases in front of me with same issue

WTF is going on

well keep bithing and moaining about it then and see where it gets you....nowhere

I agree that other players get penalties etc for lesser things....for instance aguero usually does his best to stay on his feet (think of the 93:20 moment - Ohnua actually clips his ankle before Sergio puts it in the back of the net....now Salah and others would have gone diving over but sergio (as he usually does) stayed on his feet and the rest is glorious history.....id rather it that way)

VAR will affect us more because we are the most attacking team int he league playing against packed defences - we will have more tight offisde calls than any other becuse of the way we play and the way teams defend against us and the amount of chances we create ....thats just mathamtical fact based on probability/laws of averages.
did you think any of spurs two goals should have been reviewed by VAR yesterday (They would have been btw)

you an argue all you want and you wont see it Im eratin cause you dont want to but the ball hit laportes arm whether you like it or not.
Read the rules below,it's not as simple as you make out and yes we fans should shout about it,the dippers are in the final 3rd nearly as much as we are so your logic should apply to them as well,2 games in and we are the ones with 2 less goals and 2 less points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.