Var debate 2019/20

How are people complaining about the Pogba penalty? It's completely a penalty, Coady doesn't even complain. The biggest farce last night was the Wolves goal pissed me off. How is that any different from the Sterling one at West Ham?
It wasn't !! Thought the same thing. Only answer I have is they couldn't line up the lines and it was taking far to long so they just moved on.

Even Cody after the game said it was a pen. If we’re going to fight our corner about VAR we have to keep a level of objectivity to keep any credibility.
You've no fucking chance take a look at some of the "bias" stuff people post, bluemoon is becoming paranoid with all the "they are against us "

Whichever way you look at the Pogba incident last night it’s a dive. Coady doesn’t react because you know it’s going to be given for contact, even though Pogba instigated that contact by launching himself and letting his leg dangle.

It’s absolutely not a penalty because the defender doesn’t make a challenge, however this is the way officials and VAR officials can hide behind the “clear and obvious” guidelines which is just a caveat for allowing some teams to benefit and others to suffer (e.g. us with Rodri).

Yet again it’s a potential game changing “incorrect” decision (13/15th penalty in 40 games?) which goes in United's favour.

The first thing for a pen is for a forward to 'go down'. If yer don't hit the deck yer getting nowt. Doesn't matter if you've been held or pushed. If yer don't go down there'll be no pen and for a good number of seasons players like Ash the Crash and others, Salah lately, have perfected a tumble to look as though there has been a push or a trip when they have allowed gravity to drag them to the grass. And if there is sufficient touch similar to the ball hitting Laporte's arm on Saturday that will do for Dipper and Rag ex-pundits to scream penalty. But after hitting the deck there is a quick check on the shirt colour. Pastel colours don't even get a referral to VAR. I suppose that Oliver thought the sky had fallen in for a second or two when Lamela tried his wrestling move on Rodri, and succeeded in dragging him groundwards.

There are many on this forum, myself included, who welcomed the arrival of VAR, whilst others suggested that it wouldn't make the slightest difference to match outcomes. The way it is being applied and misapplied I fear the latter group were right.

Whichever way you look at the Pogba incident last night it’s a dive. Coady doesn’t react because you know it’s going to be given for contact, even though Pogba instigated that contact by launching himself and letting his leg dangle.

Correct, look at the hands position at the moment of contact, he's already decided to dive, contact or not.

twitterpic.jpg

The first thing for a pen is for a forward to 'go down'. If yer don't hit the deck yer getting nowt. Doesn't matter if you've been held or pushed. If yer don't go down there'll be no pen and for a good number of seasons players like Ash the Crash and others, Salah lately, have perfected a tumble to look as though there has been a push or a trip when they have allowed gravity to drag them to the grass. And if there is sufficient touch similar to the ball hitting Laporte's arm on Saturday that will do for Dipper and Rag ex-pundits to scream penalty. But after hitting the deck there is a quick check on the shirt colour. Pastel colours don't even get a referral to VAR. I suppose that Oliver thought the sky had fallen in for a second or two when Lamela tried his wrestling move on Rodri, and succeeded in dragging him groundwards.

There are many on this forum, myself included, who welcomed the arrival of VAR, whilst others suggested that it wouldn't make the slightest difference to match outcomes. The way it is being applied and misapplied I fear the latter group were right.

Neil Swarbrick (the VAR czar) says that Oliver thought that Rodri had dived and that VAR supported him after a review.

Listening to Neil Swarbrick (Head of VAR) on the radio. He said Rodri dived lol. This is the level of corruption we are dealing with.

No ! Tell me you are taking the piss, please tell me he never said that and you are a WUM. He has actually said Rodri dived ? My anger about that incident and Bernie Silvas foul still hasn't gone and this turd comes out with that.

The game is so bent it is beyond a joke.

Didn’t watch or listen to the game on Saturday. First time in 40 years that I haven’t gone out of my way to watch or at least listen. Didn’t watch match of the day. Didn’t watch any game on Sunday. Didn’t watch the rags last night. Usually go to around 20 games a season. Can’t see me going to any. What’s the point? If you can’t celebrate a goal then there is literally no point at all. I thought I’d struggle with var this season but I didn’t expect it to escalate so quickly. There must be thousands the same as me? I saw this coming last year v Schalke. Winning 7-0 and coming away frustrated? What’s that about. 3 minute delay after every goal to check for any tiny infringement. And then 0 mins added time? Utter farce. I just can’t watch. It makes me so angry. Until they sort it out - which I can’t see in the near future, I genuinely won’t be watching. That makes me so sad and leaves a massive hole in my life. I’ll still keep in touch with things because my lads will be watching but god knows what I’m going to do instead? If they made it so that every team has one or two reviews like cricket, then I think that’d sort it out to some extent, but they won’t do that. I won’t even be on here as much as I probably won’t know what people are going on about. That’s also very sad. Gutted. Better start practicing my golf swing. Thanks var!!!!!

No ! Tell me you are taking the piss, please tell me he never said that and you are a WUM. He has actually said Rodri dived ? My anger about that incident and Bernie Silvas foul still hasn't gone and this turd comes out with that.

The game is so bent it is beyond a joke.

He said Rodri realised that he wasn’t going to get to the header so fell forward. Swarbrick said he would have fallen backwards if the arm around his upper body had brought him down. I couldn’t believe it.

Neil Swarbrick (the VAR czar) says that Oliver thought that Rodri had dived and that VAR supported him after a review.

And this is the kinda shite that I expect from these people. Swarbrick is as dense as his name suggests. Both arms round Rodri before anything else happens. That's holding! Clear penal offence, followed by the thirteen stone Lamela trying to occupy space taken up by Rodri. And finally, the trip where a trip can be executed by arms, body or legs. Three fucking penal offences inside the space of two or three seconds and the VAR supremos come up with dive. What a fucking joke. Get down to the fuckin' stage door at the London Palladium or try and get a gig at the Hammersmith Apollo on comedians' night.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.