Var debate 2019/20

Neil Swarbrick (the VAR czar) says that Oliver thought that Rodri had dived and that VAR supported him after a review.
And there you have it Swarbrick is a corupt lying cheat,VAR did NOT support him the person using VAR did. I watched a lot of football from right around the world this weekend and all mentioned VAR cheating City including SKY, Swarbrick is using the, tell people what they see and the idiots and bigots will agree

And there you have it Swarbrick is a corupt lying cheat,VAR did NOT support him the person using VAR did. I watched a lot of football from right around the world this weekend and all mentioned VAR cheating City including SKY, Swarbrick is using the, tell people what they see and the idiots and bigots will agree

He also sounded like a rag

I was in the pub and watched another team given a penalty last night - as the replays were shown the fans of that team were all muttering, "He dived", "Oh no that's not a penalty", "I hope VAR isn't in action" - that was the general concensous. Only 1 out of about 10 people thought it was a penalty when watching the replay.

However, after a 'review' the penalty stood - when he then stepped up and the goalie saved it (2 yards off his line) none of them were moaning, in fact a few even talked about "Karma" as it shouldn't have been a penalty in the first place.

If he is saying Oliver thought Rodri dived well it didnt look like that with oliver antics of finger to ear and a shoulder shrug.

I don't know what Oliver's actions mean - might mean VAR didn't see anything wrong with the decision, might mean VAR haven't said anything at all, might mean VAR didn't see it as a C&OE.

I was in the pub and watched another team given a penalty last night - as the replays were shown the fans of that team were all muttering, "He dived", "Oh no that's not a penalty", "I hope VAR isn't in action" - that was the general concensous. Only 1 out of about 10 people thought it was a penalty when watching the replay.

However, after a 'review' the penalty stood - when he then stepped up and the goalie saved it (2 yards off his line) none of them were moaning, in fact a few even talked about "Karma" as it shouldn't have been a penalty in the first place.
It was one of those where a dive is 'acceptable'. Defender stepped in, and more or less invited Pogba to go over his leg which he duly did. I don't think the defender argued much because he knew he had mistimed his challenge.

That was class by Pogba. They abuse him, and we do too, but he's one of the few players in their side that can hurt the opponent.

We need VAR to hit Liverpool and Man Utd now to win the propaganda war and to get the Premier League to put it back in its box. Long term I think VAR will probably evolve as technology gets better.

I think we all assumed when it came in that it would be high tech but it seems that it's nothing more than freeze-frame with a ref and his assistants overseeing it. I think some technical solutions / aids may emerge in time. It's a computer programming job. I bet the FA will be bombarded with IT solutions.

Swarbrick's explanation is that it wasn't a penalty because if the contact was from behind Rodri should have fallen backwards instead of forwards.
I was praying for someone to ask him how it's physically possible for someone who is running forwards to fall backwards.

The problem with this whole situation is people like Swarbrick are too arrogant to accept they made a mistake. They think it would be a sign of weakness when in fact it would be the opposite. If he came out and said "yes it was an error and it should have been a penalty but we're in the early stages of the technology and we're trying to get it right" then people would still be pissed off but he'd retain some respect and a bit of leeway from fans.
To say it wasn't a penalty when it clearly and irrefutably was basically undermines the entire integrity of the system.

I don't know what Oliver's actions mean - might mean VAR didn't see anything wrong with the decision, might mean VAR haven't said anything at all, might mean VAR didn't see it as a C&OE.

Someone came out today and said Oliver thought Rodri dived is why they never gave the penalty! So Oliver is lying C@nt.

Doesn't VAR stand for Video Assistant Referee? That's a person, surely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.