Gender pay gap in football

Thanks,if they have achieved more than the men at national level then they should get paid the same,england women have done better than the men so it should be the same here as well,i'm sure the womens teams know that they wil never get the same as men at their clubs,so long as they have a decent wage structure so they can climb the ladder within the womens game then that's fair,the professional womens players need to earn a decent living
A decent living agreed but a long way to go before parity.The women's game is never going to be anything like the mens

I think that national associations should be giving equal money for representing the country. Let's be honest, in the men's game the amount is pretty trivial anyway when you consider how much money they earn from their clubs, and I think it's pretty customary for England players to give their appearance fees to charity anyway. Whereas with the female players, it probably is actually a nice bonus.

As for clubs, well that's where it's got to be based a bit more on how much the respective teams bring in. But it's worth mentioning that the top female players potentially (especially in America) have access to sponsorship deals that a second tier male player could only dream of because of their status at the top of their sport, even if their salary for playing isn't the same.

The sports that do have equal pay tend to be sports where the competitions are hosted together. I watch a lot of sport climbing, and the men's and women's competitions are always held together. The World Cup on the other hand is always hosted as two separate events.

A decent living agreed but a long way to go before parity.The women's game is never going to be anything like the mens
Instead of comparing it to the mens game just enjoy it for what it is,a growing sport that is getting young girls into playing football,only you seem to be bothered about the idea of parity,outside of the national team they know there will never be the money and investiment into the womens game

Instead of comparing it to the mens game just enjoy it for what it is,a growing sport that is getting young girls into playing football,only you seem to be bothered about the idea of parity,outside of the national team they know there will never be the money and investiment into the womens game
I'm not bothered about parity cos it will never happen as long as the women goalies continue to be 4 foot nothing an wear teflon gloves

An outrageous proposal. They didn't earn enough money at the previous World Cup to even cover paying them the same as the men, let alone give any money to sponsors or people who fund and develop their game, when they've earned it they can have it. No point comparing what stage they get to as proven by the World Cup the disparity in professionalism and aptitude was enormous.

Wimbledon prize money is already a disgrace and a stain on modern society but this would be a whole other leap into the mire. Just a militant element who have hijacked true feminism to provide a privileged, entitled minority of women undeserved excesses to the detriment of all others. Entitled, privileged men in positions of power get pilloried for it so therefore this tiny sub-section of radicals should get the same treatment.

An outrageous proposal. They didn't earn enough money at the previous World Cup to even cover paying them the same as the men, let alone give any money to sponsors or people who fund and develop their game, when they've earned it they can have it. No point comparing what stage they get to as proven by the World Cup the disparity in professionalism and aptitude was enormous.

Wimbledon prize money is already a disgrace and a stain on modern society but this would be a whole other leap into the mire. Just a militant element who have hijacked true feminism to provide a privileged, entitled minority of women undeserved excesses to the detriment of all others. Entitled, privileged men in positions of power get pilloried for it so therefore this tiny sub-section of radicals should get the same treatment.
Oh dear

Read my post again, after that, let me know how much a sense of humour costs where you live and I will send you the money ... You can donate it to the US woman's team if you like....
My sense of humour is great. I guess I just don’t pick up on shite jokes.

Why don't Macc Town players get paid same as Man City players? Same job !! But completely different interest level based upon the quality of the product.
Well City attract more fans and sponsorship, like the USA women attract more viewers and sponsorship than USA men.

So what were you saying again?

Thanks,if they have achieved more than the men at national level then they should get paid the same,england women have done better than the men so it should be the same here as well,i'm sure the womens teams know that they wil never get the same as men at their clubs,so long as they have a decent wage structure so they can climb the ladder within the womens game then that's fair,the professional womens players need to earn a decent living
Bollocks. I’m supportive of the USA women as they get Hibbert viewing figures than the men. The England women get no where near the audiences that the English men do. As such, they shouldn’t get anywhere near equal pay. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.