A Turning Point

For me the turning point was the fa cup semi.
We were improving but when they needed to win they normally did it whoever they were playing.
To beat them at Wembley in such a big game said we had arrived, we were now going to take them on as equals and they didn't like it/couldn't understand it.
The 1-6 at the swamp next year confirmed it but Wembley started it.

I think it was the semifinal win too.

The pisscan and his mob of cheats and scumbags went into the game as favourites, but after the first 15-20 minutes, Bobby told Vinnie and Joleon to push another 10-15 metres further forward and we controlled the match thereafter.

Unfortunately, we couldn’t get tickets for the final and I had to wait another eight years before I could be at Wembley to witness City win the FA Cup, but there’s no doubt in my mind that the semifinal in 2011 was the turning point.

However, I agree with @7evens that the picture in his OP was an iconic moment in the rise and rise of Manchester City. It was probably the first time anyone had stood up to the purple-nosed twat and he didn’t like it.

We had a perfect view of it from our seats in 328 and loved every second of it.

Wembley opened peoples eyes but the 6-1 was the confirmation. The 6-1 will forever live with SAF for the rest of his life. Not only did we beat them 6-1 but it was at Old Trafford.

Watched the game in a bar in Spain , a solitary City fan ,rammed full of rags from Sweden and London and anywhere but Manchester ( obviously ) .

The wheel was turning big style that day, and I loved it , fucking loved it ( acknowledgement yo Kevin Keegan ).

the turning point was the robinho transfer, the world suddenly realised that there was a new player in town

The best deadline day ever. I said to Mrs Vienna before the transfer was confirmed, even if we don’t sign anybody, it will be one of the greatest days following City I have had.

On the pitch, definitely

As a statement, Tevez was the one for me. That poster might be the best bit of marketing in sporting history. Love it or hate it, everyone was talking about it, which is exactly what we wantend

And, as much as he didn’t realise it at the time, the pisscan's "Noisy Neighbours" comment helped make it the talking point it became.

Yep.
I'd even go one step further.

The initial takeover formed the catalyst for media scorn and ridicule: "RICH MAN'S PLAYTHING...THE OWNER WILL SOON GET BORED...CAN'T BUY SUCCESS..." yawn fucking yawm

The Tevez poster resulted in a shift from ridicule to pure, unadulterated hatred, which in hindsight, lasted until Ferguson retired.

Since 2013, there's been a gradual acceptance that City are here to stay, regardless of whether we're as popular as certain clubs in red shirts.
... and we couldn`t give a fuck
cos we`re all pissed up
MCFC OK !!

And this: )

That is the most beautiful piece of music I have watched in a long time. A real up yours to years of lording it up to us and taking the p!ss out of us. To use the song that they twisted to put us down, reclaim it and shove it up their ar@es is karma.

The appointment of Eriksson marked the start of something very special. Didn't he give us the double over Manure?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.