Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! No! No! You’ve got it all wrong! @JimB, @JPBB, @SpursLoyal et al will tell you that Spurs are a better side with the greedy fucker in the team.

I've no problem admitting that Kane is currently a shadow of his former self. But then, the team is currently a shadow of its former self too. Which obviously doesn't help.

The concern for me is that the succession of ankle injuries he has suffered over the past two seasons has taken a yard of pace and sharpness off him. He was never the quickest, certainly, but he was quicker than many realised. Enough to get past and away from defenders often enough, to add to his other qualities. He's still a brilliant finisher and passer when he gets the space but he has become a lot easier to mark since the injuries. For Spurs' and England's sake, I hope he can recover his former fitness and form.

Never a pen for Spurs today.

The Newcastle lad never changed his trajectory of run and fell down in a straight line from where he was running and Kane decided to move across him while he was falling to make it look like he’d been taken out.

Kane could have carried on running in his straight line and got the ball if he’d wanted to.

"Fell down".

Arf!

He deliberately dived to stop Kane getting to the ball. No question about it. Did Kane do his bit to make the foul even more of a foul? Certainly. But it was a foul nevertheless. The first contact was before Kane shifted his direction. Even if Kane had stayed on his feet, Lascelles' deliberate intervention with no attempt to play the ball would have reduced the goalscoring opportunity. So a definite pen and, given the cynical nature of the foul, possibly a red card.

Not going to complain about Dean or VAR, though. We got away with one last week (Lamela / Rodri). Besides, our attacking play was so one paced, brainless and predictable with 80% possession that we barely deserved a point.

They are really poor. 9th in the league table, starting from January this year. Kane is on the decline and Poch has lost interest, not a good time to be a spurs fan.

I've no problem admitting that Kane is currently a shadow of his former self. But then, the team is currently a shadow of its former self too. Which obviously doesn't help.

The concern for me is that the succession of ankle injuries he has suffered over the past two seasons has taken a yard of pace and sharpness off him. He was never the quickest, certainly, but he was quicker than many realised. Enough to get past and away from defenders often enough, to add to his other qualities. He's still a brilliant finisher and passer when he gets the space but he has become a lot easier to mark since the injuries. For Spurs' and England's sake, I hope he can recover his former fitness and form.
If he shuts his mouth whilst running he may reduce the effects of drag and he’d find that extra yard of pace.

It was about time that Spurs players start to fuck Levy up for years of penny pinching. He's gonna lose half of that team on free transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.