******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrat's to Aus for retaining the Ashes. Certainly not a vintage Aus team bar Smith, but they didn't have to be, as they were up against a very poor England team.

Where are these players though mate? The limited overs formats are the ones which the kids want to play and their techniques are honed in accordance. Test match techniques seem to be a thing of the past.

county cricket, do a lot more work in identifying talent and get them early in even if they are not ready the aim is to win the ashes back down under in 2021/22, forget about winning the tours coming up for the next 1 and half years even if we lose them all ?? the tours are not the main target its building the the team and to learn lessons and gel and bond as a team

this england squad is all over the place the batting line up is patched up with ODI cricketers and there is not a bonding or gelling with time spent together, first the new captain but i fear the ECB will appoint a new coach and keep root as captain ??? maybe if we can get some good opening pair and somebody coming in a number 3, then root can play at 4 ?? burns has done enough to be given more time, pope has to be in the team denly the jury is still out with him

bowling wise archer broad woakes and woods and both currans should be the main picks jimmy has to go sorry we are building for the ashes in 2021/22 and he will not be playing then, so maybe the bowling coach job goes to jimmy ?? but the main aim is a fresh new young looking england team for the future

county cricket, do a lot more work in identifying talent and get them early in even if they are not ready the aim is to win the ashes back down under in 2021/22, forget about winning the tours coming up for the next 1 and half years even if we lose them all ?? the tours are not the main target its building the the team and to learn lessons and gel and bond as a team

this england squad is all over the place the batting line up is patched up with ODI cricketers and there is not a bonding or gelling with time spent together, first the new captain but i fear the ECB will appoint a new coach and keep root as captain ??? maybe if we can get some good opening pair and somebody coming in a number 3, then root can play at 4 ?? burns has done enough to be given more time, pope has to be in the team denly the jury is still out with him

bowling wise archer broad woakes and woods and both currans should be the main picks jimmy has to go sorry we are building for the ashes in 2021/22 and he will not be playing then, so maybe the bowling coach job goes to jimmy ?? but the main aim is a fresh new young looking england team for the future

One thing the ecb should do is ban over sea players of the touring team that summer from playing any form of cricket in our country full stop! Do you think Lebus would of come in and played so resolute had he not been playing county cricket in this country before being brought into the Aussie team?

Test team

Burns
Denly
?
Root
Stokes
Curran
Bairstow wicket keeper
Archer
Broad Captain
Leach
?

I think Curran or Woakes will come in for Overton at The Oval. But I don’t expect any other changes. :(

If Anderson is unfit, against New Zealand I’d like to see:

Burns
Sibley
Root
Vince/Northeast
Pope
Stokes
Foakes
Woakes/Curran
Archer
Broad
Leach/Wood

It’s harsh on Denly but I’d prefer to see us invest in younger players.

With averages in the low 30s, Buttler and Bairstow shouldn’t be seen as certain picks for the England test team.

I’d like to see Stokes as captain. We have a habit over here of giving the best player the captaincy, hence Root at the time, but Stokes just has that bit of personality and balls. No idea how good he is tactically but he’s worth a try.

Root needs to concentrate on his form or he will never achieve his potential.

I think Curran or Woakes will come in for Overton at The Oval. But I don’t expect any other changes. :(

If Anderson is unfit, against New Zealand I’d like to see:

Burns
Sibley
Root
Vince/Northeast
Pope
Stokes
Foakes
Woakes/Curran
Archer
Broad
Leach/Wood

It’s harsh on Denly but I’d prefer to see us invest in younger players.

With averages in the low 30s, Buttler and Bairstow shouldn’t be seen as certain picks for the England test team.

Pope and Foakes is a good shout think Denley done enough for me but bring Sibley into the squad, Vince has had enough chances.

One thing the ecb should do is ban over sea players of the touring team that summer from playing any form of cricket in our country full stop! Do you think Lebus would of come in and played so resolute had he not been playing county cricket in this country before being brought into the Aussie team?

true ??
but does it stop england from building better cricketers in county cricket just like football the better players in the premier league are good the youth players in learning from them, the ECB are old farts and know nothing about the modern game plus the world cup was number 1 priority so test cricket just took a back seat for 4 years, and even the last ashes down under we looked a million years behind them and still nothing was done for the ashes 2019 in england

we fast track archer for the world cup and then got him straight in test cricket only to drop him for the first test ???? the opening pair had never opened before and we still had moeen ali has our main spinner ?? its was a shambles from the start to the finish and the truth is we never had a chance

true ??
but does it stop england from building better cricketers in county cricket just like football the better players in the premier league are good the youth players in learning from them, the ECB are old farts and know nothing about the modern game plus the world cup was number 1 priority so test cricket just took a back seat for 4 years, and even the last ashes down under we looked a million years behind them and still nothing was done for the ashes 2019 in england

we fast track archer for the world cup and then got him straight in test cricket only to drop him for the first test ???? the opening pair had never opened before and we still had moeen ali has our main spinner ?? its was a shambles from the start to the finish and the truth is we never had a chance
Archer was injured for the first test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.