Norwich (a) post-match thread

We all said that about Liverpool last season and they got to within 1 point if us and won the champions league, this season they already have a 5 point gap, and yes they had 7 last season,.but that was last season
My point is that this will be their third consecutive season without sustaining significant injuries to key players.

There are so many variables to a season and it's a big ask for them to drive on with the same eleven playing week in week out.

We'll have Mendy, Fernandinho and by February/March Sanè and Laporte back.

Look what happened when Klopp made 3 or 4 changes to his starting eleven; they bombed out of every domestic cup competition.

I'm not convinced Liverpool are equipped for the long haul. Once they drop points let's see how rosy things are in their camp?

My point is that this will be their third consecutive season without sustaining significant injuries to key players.

There are so many variables to a season and it's a big ask for them to drive on with the same eleven playing week in week out.

We'll have Mendy, Fernandinho and by February/March Sanè and Laporte back.

Look what happened when Klopp made 3 or 4 changes to his starting eleven; they bombed out of every domestic cup competition.

I'm not convinced Liverpool are equipped for the long haul. Once they drop points let's see how rosy things are in their camp?
Fernandinho is already back as for Mendy as much as I like him, he has had so many comebacks and breaks down after a few games everytime, we have sat and waited for Liverpool to have serious injuries and it has not happened, also they lost there keeper who is important to them but have still continued to win, if we lost ederson we are in big trouble

Fernandinho is already back as for Mendy as much as I like him, he has had so many comebacks and breaks down after a few games everytime, we have sat and waited for Liverpool to have serious injuries and it has not happened, also they lost there keeper who is important to them but have still continued to win, if we lost ederson we are in big trouble
Alright, we'll just concede to Liverpool now then, no point in fighting for the title this season.

Let's continue this discussion in April and see where we are?

Alright, we'll just concede to Liverpool now then, no point in fighting for the title this season.

Let's continue this discussion in April and see where we are?
I am not saying concede it, all I am saying is I heard the same stuff about Liverpool and injuries last season, heard it all the season Leicester won the league, we can't sit back and expect other teams to get major injuries, my whole point in all of this is that we were shit at weekend, and where possible should always look to start our strongest 11 and for that I have been called out

I am not saying concede it, all I am saying is I heard the same stuff about Liverpool and injuries last season, heard it all the season Leicester won the league, we can't sit back and expect other teams to get major injuries, my whole point in all of this is that we were shit at weekend, and where possible should always look to start our strongest 11 and for that I have been called out
Like I say "I agree with you".

I'm all about playing your strongest 11 in every game possible. We're fortunate enough to have the squad to do it.

Saturday's starting eleven didn't bother me when I saw the line up. I like the rest of the country thought we would take all three points.

It was only when we were 2-0 down I started to question Pep's state of mind.

Now however, in hindsight I see Saturday's game as a shite day at the office and not the norm. Give it until November see where we are and let's see how Liverpool get on when we play them.

They lost Gomez for several months. But overall, yes, they've been lucky on injuries. Thing about luck is it eventually turns. Like clearances off the line with 10mm to spare. Or a centre back scoring his first of the season with a 30 yard screamer. It's not been all one-way traffic. The morose mob seem to forget when lady luck shines on us.
We don't get much luck, and when we do it all comes at once. Liverpool got lucky game after game, from Pickford and the Palace keeper throwing the ball in the net, to offside goals and Salah throwing his head back for pens. Gomez is a good player, but Liverpool are well stocked at CB - made no difference. If Liverpool fairly win nearly all their games, then fair enough the Prem is theirs, but like you say things change. Take Salah, Firmino or VVD out and Liverpool are a significantly weaker team. Take our equivalents out and the rest of ours are more capable than theirs. Against Norwich we gift wrapped two and should have done more to make what was an exceptional header more difficult to execute. We don't do much deep defending - we rarely need to. Does that lead to rustiness in that aspect ? Even so, whatever we do, the opposition don't get many attempts against us. Personally, I enjoy our games more when the opposition attack us, we win the ball and attack before they can reorganise.

It's a strange thing with all the shots we have, I'm regularly shouting to shoot but we persist with almost walking the ball into the 6 yard area at times and still don't get clean shots on target.

I know this isn't the case every game but a few more longer shots even if saved would provide chances from rebounds.
Although rocket launcher shots are not part of our weaponry, it was just weird that no-one apart from Rodri could hit a shot with any venom. Lost count of the number of times we had opportunities to stab or crisply strike the ball wide of the GK but ended up gently floating the ball straight at him or tamely past the post. Just a weird bad day at the office.

I just watched the brief highlights on the OS again and I once again asked myself "Why didn't someone shout 'Man On'" to Nico" and why didn't he attempt a pass back to Eddy.
Total brain fades by the defenders.

I would decide to use it in the premier league which in my opinion is the best trophy to win, and the midweek game is the first group game in the Champions league, which as stated already we could afford to draw or lose, as we still have 5 games to qualify, now we have nearly already left ourselves with no room to slip up in the premier league

Ok. So Foden & one or two other players are to be told at the beginning of the season that they will NEVER start a PL game because we’re always going to play our best 11

End of conversation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.