Bluemoon Angling Thread

My mate has been salmon fishing on the Tyne all week. There hasn't been a single salmon taken from any of the beats. Says he tried spider fishing for trout for an hour this evening and had 2 trout around the pound mark and a sea trout.

Some compensation for persistence

Off again this Sunday 2nd time in two weeks Old Hough Middlewich can’t wait I’m hooked again after a 25 year break

I was only wondering beause it looks beautiful. But I'm a really anti-social angler and seek out places where I wouldn't see anyone (except my fishing partners) for days. I love the idea of canoeing a remote river, fishing where I stop the canoe, lighting a fire and camping out.
Just seen this, mate. I couldn’t agree more. Hell is other anglers. I’m a calm, easy going bloke in general but very little upsets me more than another person destroying my fishing peace.

Just seen this, mate. I couldn’t agree more. Hell is other anglers. I’m a calm, easy going bloke in general but very little upsets me more than another person destroying my fishing peace.

People are noisy fuckers. Dog owners are the worst. Go out in the country for a walk and then start shouting at the top of their voice whilst the dog takes no notice. Then, when it does eventually come to them, it's all "good boy" this and "good boy" that.

People are noisy fuckers. Dog owners are the worst. Go out in the country for a walk and then start shouting at the top of their voice whilst the dog takes no notice. Then, when it does eventually come to them, it's all "good boy" this and "good boy" that.

I know what you mean but I reserve a special form of contempt for anglers who talk in booming voices to each other. The amount of time anglers on the far bank have shouted across "Have you had owt?" or poked their head over the skyline behind me. Possibly even worse: the ones who set up too close.

"Study to be quiet" as Isaac Walton wrote. It isn't just to not spook the fish, it's to preserve the tranquillity.

That’s interesting. Part of the enjoyment of fly fishing is spending time in a boat with another angler where you can choose either to have a social day or a pretty much silent one depending on the circumstances. You also learn a great deal if you are fishing with a more experienced angler. Having said that, there are times I like to go out myself.

Had a session on the Llangollen canal. It's one of the hardest places I know to get your head around.

It's stuffed with good roach, which is what we go for, but boat traffic is horrendous and the flow is like a river so you are effectively trotting. Had 11 good roach and dace in the half hour before the first boat and only 6 more fish, including 2 gudgeon in the rest of the day. Don't live close enough to get there earlier so it's very frustrating.

Every year we think there must be a "window of opportunity" between the number of boats declining to manageable proportions and when they stop altogether and the canal goes clear and the fishing dies. Just can't manage to hit it. Maybe this year.
Which stretch were you on mate ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.