Bluemoon Angling Thread

Big fresh spring salmon or a bonefish, both on a fly rod. Both go like BMR on Canal street.

had a jack do that a few years ago absolutely shit it and that was a 3.5lb fish haha

I know a bloke who caught landed THREE pike at once after that happened!!!!

I nearly filled my pants on Lymm Dam about 25 years ago when a pike took a bream more or less out of my hand as I returned it.

I'll tell you when your arse goes even more: When a big pike snatches your fish just under your feet. That's the ultimate shock in coarse fishing.
I've not caught a big pike yet, but I can believe what you say.

I was on the Dane a few years ago and remember the line tangling around my tip just as I was about to cast out. I lowered the rod and untangled a few turns on my top rod rings not realising my boilie was in the water. When I picked the rod up to recast the line went tight and the tip arched round. I don't think the barbel realised it had been hooked as I had it in the net within 30 seconds. Was a surreal moment and I got lucky. I was shocked to see the scales go round to 10lb-2oz, especially as it was my first double figure barbel.

I've not caught a big like yet, but I can believe what you say.

I was on the Dane a few years ago and remember the line tangling around my tip just as I was about to cast out. I lowered the rod and untangled a few turns on my top rod rings not realising my boilie was in the water. When I picked the rod up to recast the line went tight and the tip arched round. I don't think the barbel realised it had been hooked as I had it in the net within 30 seconds. Was a surreal moment and I got lucky. I was shocked to see the scales go round to 10lb-2oz, especially as it was my first double figure barbel.

I love stories like that. That's a serious barbel from The Dane. I fished it for 2-3 years in the late 90s/early 00s and only had one double, which was 10-7, from the stretch at Croxton Lane, Middlewich. I also had a 15lb carp from there too, all captured on my mate's video camera (with a big spliff hanging out of my mouth). Everything was killed in a pollution incident just after that.

I know a bloke who caught landed THREE pike at once after that happened!!!!

I nearly filled my pants on Lymm Dam about 25 years ago when a pike took a bream more or less out of my hand as I returned it.
mine was also at the dam :), had a roach on just about to net it and bang,as I say only 3.5lb but made me jump 10ft in the air haha

I love stories like that. That's a serious barbel from The Dane. I fished it for 2-3 years in the late 90s/early 00s and only had one double, which was 10-7, from the stretch at Croxton Lane, Middlewich. I also had a 15lb carp from there too, all captured on my mate's video camera (with a big spliff hanging out of my mouth). Everything was killed in a pollution incident just after that.
I used to love fishing the Dane. I fished it a lot in the early 80s. One of my favourite pegs was the small weir(opposite water treatment plant) between Byley bridge and Croxton. Myself and 2 mates snook on there about a week before the glorious 16th june opening day.

My mate Gaz fished a float under the Weir sill, he had 8 barbel, best around 8.5lb. my other mate Ian fished in the middle and he caught 7 barbel. I fished on the end where it runs off to shallow up catching 6 barbel. Another memorable day on the Dane.

I remember fishing just upstream of M6-J19 when it was day ticket, mid to late 80s. Brand new Maxima 8lb line on that day and was smashed off on the first run. Probably a carp as double figure barbel were few and far between on the Dane back then. Never had a carp of any size on there though. Come to think of it, I can't remember catching any on the Dane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.