30 years and it's still 5-1

I may be accused of being "small time" here, but , as we all know, the City we know these days are on another level.

However, 30 years ago today, one balmy Saturday afternoon in September, we were on another level.

Enjoy.........

Aaah the memories brilliant day and as a side note a time when Crimson Clive was just Clive the impartial commentator.

Anyone remember the match before this? We d gone to Brentford in the LC midweek.and lost.none of us were thinking we would beat utd after that.

My 1st Derby too.noise was amazing.
Kippax was heaving. The roar for our 2nd goal will live with me forever.it was disbelief as much as anything .
Football has changed so much over the years.watching people politely clap kdbs goal sat ..compared with the wild celebrations on kippax for our goal s..

The biggest bear pit I was ever in - crowd was still in turmoil after the first went in and the surge when Lakey shot followed by Tricky Trev toe bunging it in was nuts...the good old days!

The biggest bear pit I was ever in - crowd was still in turmoil after the first went in and the surge when Lakey shot followed by Tricky Trev toe bunging it in was nuts...the good old days!
It was absolute bedlam all match. And your quite right everyone has just finished celebrating the 1st goal and sorting out where their mates were when we only went and scored again. ..bedlam once again...the feeling was incredible.Proably Paul Lakes finest match for City ..out of position left midfield ..but tormented an ageging Viv Anderson utds right back.

Didn’t KotK come out with a special edition front cover with all the players faces on a clock for each hour with the time at 5 to 1 - wish I hadn’t lost all those fanzines over the years

There was a rag stood next to us in windy corner, only realised after the first goal went in.

Goals 2 & 3 resulted in the future Mrs Moon jumping all over his feet in her heels, he didn't return near us for the second half.

I knew she was a keeper at that point.
Well it's not too late to buy her a nice new pair...........is that not so Mrs Moon

Anyone remember the match before this? We d gone to Brentford in the LC midweek.and lost.none of us were thinking we would beat utd after that.

Weren't we 2-0 down, before scoring a late goal, and then comfortably winning the 2nd leg?

I remember bumping into the London Reds at Euston,who if memory serves me correctly, were on their way to Portsmouth.

The following night I saw Stockport lose 2-1 at QPR

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.