Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you the "Everton playing down the wing the entire game" 43% of there attack was from the right and 30% from the left.

So yes it was no surprise he got more action. But in the 2nd after Kean came on Everton attacked more on the left, because Richarlison switched wings.

Again, the fouls were dumb. Actually the 2nd one was dumb, the first was bad luck, he was trying to body check Richarlison out of bounds but Richarlison stumbled and leaned forward and Zees shoulder check became a push in the back check.

As for attacking, Everton in spite of attacking more on the right, they created most of their none set piece chances on the left. The Iwobi lob over the top, Digne cross for Sigudson shot saved by Eddy, and another shot of a Digne cross blocked by Dihno. The only significant open play chance was for the goal. Which came from a Coleman cross that ought to have been defended by Sterling.

Anyway let me stop boring you with facts. Nothing about his game today was anything but workman like. Not outstanding. But nothing to sneeze at either.
What relevance does the set piece statistic have on Zinchenko? Giving up the set piece reflects on him, but what Everton did with it is irrelevant to his performance in my mind.

Again, false. Everton attacked on his side more because by chance the 2 best attacking players on Everton, Richarlison and Coleman, were on his side.

And I say 'By Chance' because it wouldn't have happened had Walcott not Walcott got injured within a minute forcing Richarlison to the right to make room for Iwobi who plays better on the left.

The 2 best attacking players on the right coupled with Sterling losing more balls on that side compared to Mahrez and Kev who lost few on the other side, meant a lot of Everton's play happened on the right, but when Richarlison switched left after Kean came on they attacked more on the left late 2nd half.
This is how you let the facts of a game guide your opinion. Rather that state an opinion guided by a pre-judgment.

In comparison:
From open play
Everton created 4 chances from the Left (Walkers side) 2 from middle and 2 from the Right.

But for the record, baseless claims pulled from preconceived and predetermined beliefs are even far more useless than the most basic if stats.

So I'm often befuddled when those using generic predetermined opinions, try to dismiss stats as incomplete. I mean compared to what, a made up opinion?

Y'all should do better.

Whether they attacked that side more because he's weak, or whether they attacked it because they had higher quality players on that side, doesn't change the point about cumulative stats not being an accurate measure of how he's performed. He's had more work to do regardless.

These aren't predetermined opinions or preconceived notions. People have eyes and know what they see, and the opinions are starting to become pretty consistent. He's not a good defender at the back and offers less than Mendy & Angelino in attack - he's slow and slightly built in a position where you need pace and power. That isn't his fault, he's a midfielder.

I'm not trying to say he's a bad footballer here - he isn't. I happen to think he's a pretty good one actually. He's just not a LB though..... it was something that was forced upon him and done out of necessity, for which he's done a pretty solid job. However, I don't believe it's necessary to play him there anymore when we've got two players who are more natural and better suited to the position. He deserves a chance to show off his qualities from the where he came from in the midfield.

What relevance does the set piece statistic have on Zinchenko? Giving up the set piece reflects on him, but what Everton did with it is irrelevant to his performance in my mind.
I agree. I don't think it does.

Whether they attacked that side more because he's weak, or whether they attacked it because they had higher quality players on that side, doesn't change the point about cumulative stats not being an accurate measure of how he's performed. He's had more work to do regardless.

You are right, it doesn't change that point. It does change the framing though. Now that we know he was only beaten 2ice, win it 5 times and and won every Ariel battle from open play.. He was out of position on fewer occasions than Walker who had less action. And more chances were created from the left, than from the right.

All these facts lean one way as to which fullback performed better. Yet there is a narrative attempt to paint an inaccurate picture
These aren't predetermined opinions or preconceived notions. People have eyes and know what they see, and the opinions are starting to become pretty consistent. He's not a good defender at the back and offers less than Mendy & Angelino in attack - he's slow and slightly built in a position where you need pace and power. That isn't his fault, he's a midfielder..
Perhaps they aren't predetermined. Just bias confirmation. There really wasn't much given to Everton. He gave away 2 silly fouls and got turned out badly by Coleman once but the cross was blocked. That's the length and breath of his poor play.

There was an instant when Ilksy over hit a through ball, and Zee chased but didn't catch it. I'm sure some groaned at that. Fore the record Outside of Sane no one would have caught that. Funnily, Kev overhit a similar ball to Walker who also failed to catch it.

I'm not trying to say he's a bad footballer here - he isn't. I happen to think he's a pretty good one actually. He's just not a LB though..... it was something that was forced upon him and done out of necessity, for which he's done a pretty solid job. However, I don't believe it's necessary to play him there anymore when we've got two players who are more natural and better suited to the position. He deserves a chance to show off his qualities from the where he came from in the midfield.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/man-city-player-ratings-mahrez-16998970
Manchester City evening concluded he was the best of the 4 defenders.

Optastats concurred. Whoscored rated him slightly below Dihno but above the other 2.

You see all these folks have eyes too. What they don't have is a carry over opinion from a prior determination. "He is not a defender." So let's point out every time he gets beat as proof of why he isn't a defender. But let's ignore Everytime he held his own. Let's ascribe that to him just having more action.

It's that bias that's the issue. Not Zinchenckos play. He will have poor games, just like every other player does. But this past weekend wasn't one of them.

You are right, it doesn't change that point. It does change the framing though. Now that we know he was only beaten 2ice, win it 5 times and and won every Ariel battle from open play.. He was out of position on fewer occasions than Walker who had less action. And more chances were created from the left, than from the right.

All these facts lean one way as to which fullback performed better. Yet there is a narrative attempt to paint an inaccurate picture

Perhaps they aren't predetermined. Just bias confirmation. There really wasn't much given to Everton. He gave away 2 silly fouls and got turned out badly by Coleman once but the cross was blocked. That's the length and breath of his poor play.

There was an instant when Ilksy over hit a through ball, and Zee chased but didn't catch it. I'm sure some groaned at that. Fore the record Outside of Sane no one would have caught that. Funnily, Kev overhit a similar ball to Walker who also failed to catch it.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/man-city-player-ratings-mahrez-16998970
Manchester City evening concluded he was the best of the 4 defenders.

Optastats concurred. Whoscored rated him slightly below Dihno but above the other 2.

You see all these folks have eyes too. What they don't have is a carry over opinion from a prior determination. "He is not a defender." So let's point out every time he gets beat as proof of why he isn't a defender. But let's ignore Everytime he held his own. Let's ascribe that to him just having more action.

It's that bias that's the issue. Not Zinchenckos play. He will have poor games, just like every other player does. But this past weekend wasn't one of them.

One Everton fan described him as 'turd'.

Most opposition see him as a weak link.

If they had the stats with them, they would realise the error of their ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.