Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows you can do something racially insensitive that might break an FA rule without being a racist or genuinely holding racist views.

I haven't seen anyone accuse him of doing anything other than stepping over the line of what's acceptable through ignorance, and if you're talking to Liverpool fans about it then you're looking for idiotic opinions.

That you can't see the difference between "he's done something racially insensitive" and "he's an out and out racist" might be why you think the podcast called everyone who disagreed with them racist.

Was the tweet racist ? Or was it racially insensitive ? there is a huge different.

Maybe. He'd actually have a better chance too, as he could credibly claim ignorance to the conguitos image being deemed racist on account of it being a widespread and popular image used in marketing and promo in his home country.

Sensible comment and completely true

If I were him I would tell them to shove it up their arse and leave.
Apparently a brain as razor witted and astute a Clitton Morrison had judged Bernardo is in no way Racist but still wants him punished??

I like Clinton Morrison but how does he explain that & does he think there are other things people should be punished for when clearly innocent.

STOP PRESS.
In response to an enquiry by the Daily Fail about the ethnic make up of the City squad, Pep Guardiola said: "We have 12 black players in our squad and 10 white players." The FA have charged him for making reference to race.
I fucking give up.

Ok crucifying is strong word but not as bad as saying something is racist.
Bernardo will be forever called out as a racist by other fans after this , other fans are not interested in fair conversation , they will point out what our own podcasts said
you just wait , Our owner has been getting racism since 2008 do you think that Bernardo will be getting fair press after this ?
“Our own podcasts”
A handful of lads discussing City you mean?

FA getting their punishment ready
0aa09bd4c339bcf8acc0cf5e046f8849.jpg

A well chosen picture if I may say so. The tyrrany of the mob.

That's the exact example I was trying to remembered. As if I forgot about Mario.

Quite a big distinction, that City might want to argue about, is that Mario only got charged with the less serious Rule E3(1), not E3(2) like Bernardo. Unless the rules have changed, i'd be arguing that with the lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.