Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ll probably be locked up tbf!

In Spain, you can still talk to Children, and not get locked up like here..

As an aside I have just been in the attic and found my first reading book.
" little black Sambo"
Black Mumbo was his mum. Bet it is worth a few quid now.

But does it show a stereotype, or celebrate racial diversity

Yes but a guy from Trinidad or Guyana that has Indian background will refer to themselves as brown. At least the ones I know do.
Yeah that's ok, but you can't refer to him as coloured, have you ever asked him if you can refer to him as black?

The thing is, as I remember, he didn't mention race, creed, ethnicity or colour as the charge says. He posted the cartoon next to a picture of Mendy, mentioned his name and put some laughing faces. Now the fa might say by posting such he implied such, but he didn't type any offensive words.

He's not the "new leader of the glorious FA", he's the CEO of the Premier League, they are 2 different organisations.

I stand corrected, I still don't have any faith in any footballing FA from the ground up bud.

For fucks sake, it’s not perceived as racist here apart from the fucking snowflakes, stop being so fucking sensitive
I think people giving a history lesson on Conguitos characters are missing the point that most of it is not even relevant to Portugal. Those old adverts videos being linked to aren't irrelevant to a Portuguese person who hasn't seen them.

images
conguito-mascot.jpg
images

The modern characters have been redesigned multiple times, the only racial stereotype in the version Bernardo used(which is the top image search result, the latter doesn't pop up often) is perhaps the lips but that could just as easily have been a decision to make the characters look "cute" as anything else. Yet some people are so sure of themselves, when they say it's still a character with racial stereotyping present.

Last edited:
In this country that tweet on it's own appears racist. I am not saying that was the intent, I am not saying Portuguese Bernard is racist. But I do feel that in this country that tweet was always going to be perceived as racist, that's why it was taken down so quickly

I also accept that there is a strong element in the media who seek to hurt and destabilise the club, and that is the reason this is being hyped.

But if that tweet was from Terry to Evra, or Stevie G to Sterling people would be up in arms. Whilst I appreciated this is not in the same context, it's very hard for the FA to say this tweet isnt a problem because he's a great little guy and some of Mr Silvas friends are black. If you start allowing that defence you end up with allowing the media favourites to get away with anything.

And before you say they already do, I know and it is still wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.