Zagreb fans behaviour

The simple truth about Croatia is that they’ve got a huge problem with racism but they don’t seem to care.
My son was travelling through Europe and was in Zagreb for the World Cup final and watched it in the fan zone. He couldn’t believe the amount of blatant racism on display. Croatia and I suspect most of Eastern and Southern Europe are a good 40 years behind us when it comes to the behaviour of fans (Dippers excepted).

Perhaps in the football this may be true, and I havent been to Zagreb, But I can say I have seen a few black people in Zadar including one cool looking guy selling his jewellery and stuff this week who seemed to look quite happy. I havent personally heard anything negative said by Croats round this part even against Serbs, and as I want to visit other Balkan countries I have spoken to quite a few about travel in the area including Bosnia and Albania and have had nothing but assurances that I should do so. I have been quite surprised at the views of Serbs even with most Croats I have spoken to saying most have moved on and that a fair few younger people here love to go to Belgrade as its apparently a bit of a party city.

So whilst I am sure it is for obvious reasons not as diverse and multi racial as western countries I think it is harsh that people are painting it as some right wing nazi state. The young in particular seem to be quite open minded and from what I hear the Serbs are much the same.

I can imagine were a nation to judge us solely on the antics of our football fans over the years we would be quick to point out the twats are a small minority who embarrass us greatly and should not be viewed as the typical British person. I think some on here are maybe being guilty of doing just that on account of the behaviour of maybe a couple of hundred die hard Zagreb fans.

Maybe if any of our black supporters have been they would comment on their experience both here and other Eastern European countries. There are tensions in the region of course still Kosovo clearly being a case in point, but from my experience in this part of Croatia there does not seem to be any obvious hatred toward any people in particular.

Geordies look fab semi naked
source.gif

Perhaps in the football this may be true, and I havent been to Zagreb, But I can say I have seen a few black people in Zadar including one cool looking guy selling his jewellery and stuff this week who seemed to look quite happy. I havent personally heard anything negative said by Croats round this part even against Serbs, and as I want to visit other Balkan countries I have spoken to quite a few about travel in the area including Bosnia and Albania and have had nothing but assurances that I should do so. I have been quite surprised at the views of Serbs even with most Croats I have spoken to saying most have moved on and that a fair few younger people here love to go to Belgrade as its apparently a bit of a party city.

So whilst I am sure it is for obvious reasons not as diverse and multi racial as western countries I think it is harsh that people are painting it as some right wing nazi state. The young in particular seem to be quite open minded and from what I hear the Serbs are much the same.

I can imagine were a nation to judge us solely on the antics of our football fans over the years we would be quick to point out the twats are a small minority who embarrass us greatly and should not be viewed as the typical British person. I think some on here are maybe being guilty of doing just that on account of the behaviour of maybe a couple of hundred die hard Zagreb fans.

Maybe if any of our black supporters have been they would comment on their experience both here and other Eastern European countries. There are tensions in the region of course still Kosovo clearly being a case in point, but from my experience in this part of Croatia there does not seem to be any obvious hatred toward any people in particular.

No nation or country should be generalized. There are loads of very fine Croatian people (lol, Trump in me calling). And in general, the country is split 50-50 between the right and liberals, pretty much as anywhere in the West. You'll definitely find lot of people, young ones specially who don't give a fuck about all political bullshit, but you can't pick a theme in a country while talking with few people on the street, it's not great example and some will talk to you what you want to hear. The truth is in last few years the country as a whole is leaning quite a lot to the right. The current leading political party was elected back on the very strong movement from the right wing and ex war veterans and it went bit diddums then, there were debts that party had to paid to those that brought it to the power. It's current leader is bit more moderate than the one before him, but the damage was done and pretty far right formed a strong movement that is going against that governing party now and pushing them more right. There were quite a few nationalist incidents in last year or two and believe me, Zadar is one of the cities that is mostly to the right in whole country. This nationalist party, that forms government now, never lost elections there. Zagreb and it's surroundings on the north are much more moderate and European. More you go to the south, it's more Balkan with all it's idiocy.

So yeah, it's not really like Third Reich, not even close to that, but Croatia is not in it's finest hour currently. Balkan has it's own religious and nationalist problems, but Croatia specially, as closest one to the things that are happening on the West, is picking some of Western ideological stuff, that really doesn't have anything with it or any other Balkan country. You have a secretary of Croatian embassy in Berlin that felt free to write a public post on her Facebook calling people to visit Croatia with the words - the land of white people, as it should be in Europe and even though she was suspended when media publicized that, the fact that she felt powerful enough t write it, tells you something is not right. I'm not sure if there is 1000 non-white people there and nobody gives a fuck to migrate to Croatia, apart from traveling through it on the way to rich European countries and yet she picked that Trump/Brexit/Orban talk. They are causing us lot of problems here in Bosnia too. Bosnian Croats participate in Croatian elections and give few MPs that are very important for gaining majority and there is a very big population in Croatia with origins from Bosnia so this party that rules now is interfering a lot in our businesses to please Bosnian Croats who are pretty much the ****s to the last one. We're all ****s here though. So yeah, Croats are still bit more cooler than Serbs, but it's not really going into good direction recently. It's a shame as they looked like they managed to move away in the years before they became EU member. It's a shame as it is affecting my life here in Bosnia too. Shittest Croatia and Sebia are, we become ten folds shittest. Bosnian Serbs and Croats are much more radical than those in Croatia and Serbia and what is the worst, they managed to radicalize my people too, we had much more brain in 90's than now.

Last edited:
The next set of ultras warming up before they play us

When City copied similar fans for about 2 years with "the Poznan" and even the club made t-shirts about it, that was the height of cirngeworthyness.

Reactions: ell
When City copied similar fans for about 2 years with "the Poznan" and even the club made t-shirts about it, that was the height of cirngeworthyness.

The Poznan was brilliant. It looked great, got everyone laughing and involved and wound other fans up. Of course they then started doing it to us if they beat us. The only thing is if it was still being done, after the Watford game and eight goals most of us would now be dead lol.

"bosnian" ( in past croatian guy ) dont lie here.. croatian rasism bla bla.. say a guy from bosnia ... where islamists can do what they want.. youe "rightwing" party in in croatia HDZ ist EU asslicker and middle right/conservative.. its like torries are cdu in germany,, called conservatives... plenkovic is true " europian " which do all what bruessel expect. you should care more about your bosnia .. the bosnian party SDA is not like CDU; TORRIES or HDZ.... its 100 $ copy of turkish AKP.. by the way , way you bosniaks love erdogan while 50 % of turks hate him.... you facebook side " bosnajci" is the most hatefull facebook site.. on one of the biggest, probaly biggest bosnian whre we can read every day how evel are serbs and croats... bosnjaci is 100 % a SDA page ......

The simple truth about Croatia is that they’ve got a huge problem with racism but they don’t seem to care.
My son was travelling through Europe and was in Zagreb for the World Cup final and watched it in the fan zone. He couldn’t believe the amount of blatant racism on display. Croatia and I suspect most of Eastern and Southern Europe are a good 40 years behind us when it comes to the behaviour of fans (Dippers excepted).

crotian will never be a mixed nation..why should it be ? japan also isnt one...40 years about western `? the true is western is 40 years behind own level...cool story that your son can understand croaian songs... i think he can not diference between rasist and patriotic...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.