Our marketing team are at it again

It's just another fake narrative to attack our club with. Very few CL group matches sell-out. We got 49,000 for Atalanta, that's 11,000 more than Juventus got last night and 3,000 more than PSG got for the visit of Real Madrid last month. There were 10,000 empty seats at Spurs last night. Real Madrid and Barca rarely sell out group stage matches. The BBC sports coverage of City is effectively a trolling operation these days. Their coverage is dishonest, disingenious and unbalanced. We are one of the best supported clubs in England and have been for more than 100 years. I am sure Gary James can provide the stats.
To be fair as I made my way to the Etihad I was disgusted at how the BBC were building up a case to slag off Spurs fans. They’re now playing in a fantastic stadium with 60k+ capacity and the BBC were going on about the possibility of 12000 empty seats.... when did this became a thing? Spurs got a crowd of over 50k last night and, to be frank, any crowd higher than their old WHL capacity is surely a positive. I hate this modern world where the media and fans of certain clubs spend more time slagging fans off because something isn’t a full house when in the past any crowd for a UEFA game was viewed positively. To me we should all be celebrating attendances not slagging off empty seats. Both City and Spurs have great crowds on European nights but we’re made to feel inferior to LFC - with their lower capacity - and MUFC, both of whom have enjoyed considerably more European success than us or Spurs. It makes me mad! I wish the media would get behind our clubs instead of looking for the negatives and slagging off fans who are not amongst the wealthiest.

Last edited:
To be fair as I made my way to the Etihad I was disgusted at how the BBC were building up a case to slag off Spurs fans. They’re now playing in a fantastic stadium with 60k+ capacity and the BBC were going on about the possibility of 12000 empty seats.... when did this became a thing? Spurs got a crowd of over 50k last night and, to be frank, any crowd higher than their old WHL capacity is surely a positive. I hate this modern world where the media and fans of certain clubs spend more time slagging fans off because something isn’t a full house when in the past any crowd for a UEFA game was viewed positively. To me we should all be celebrating attendances not slagging off empty seats. Both City and Spurs have great crowds on European nights but we’re made to feel inferior to LFC - with their lower capacity - and MUFC, both of whom have enjoyed considerably more European success than us or Spurs. It makes me mad! I wish the media would get behind our clubs instead of looking for the negatives and slagging off fans who are not amongst the wealthiest.
Spot-on Gary. There seems to be a sneering attitude from some elements of the media (particularly prevalent at the BBC) that it is acceptable to mock traditional football fans. These people have become totally distanced from their core audience, many of whom find it financially difficult to attend every match. Crowds of 51,000 to watch Partisan Belgrade, and 49,000 for Atalanta are fantastic compared to the rest of Europe for the early stages of the Champions League. Most of these sneering pundits have never paid to watch a fooball match in their working lives. This sort of arrogance is why a lot of people have become alientated with most of our mainstream media.

100% spot on Gary, how many were at United when they scraped past Vauxhall Astra or whatever they are called?

Stadium Capacity 74500
Attendance 50873 (according to google)

Nearly 25000 empty seats...don't remember the BBC running with this as their main headline at the time.

Negative after negative when it comes to reporting on City.

Our PR team need to do more to highlight these issues with the BBC and point out the double standards that they operate.

Nearly 50K at City last night, similar at Spuds and they can only criticise ..

It's not on!!

Reminds me of the guy who said his Spanish holiday was completely ruined because Sterling embarrassed him during the 2018 world cup in front of other English tourists.

Classic thread. I remember it fondly, who was the poster?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.