Ayres Rock (Uluru).....Australia

Not everything has to be confrontational, showing a little respect where its asked for sometime isn't always bad, not to me anyway. It's no big thing.
Which is why I wouldn’t plan a rave that turns into an orgy on the top. I’m respectful like that.

Walking up it, as with every other hill/mountain/stony outcrop however is not exactly the orgy rave.

Which is why I wouldn’t plan a rave that turns into an orgy on the top. I’m respectful like that.

Walking up it, as with every other hill/mountain/stony outcrop however is not exactly the orgy rave.

Yep, i'm not religious although i was brought up as a Catholic, only at 12/13 were we given a choice as whether we wanted to continue going to church as we all declined, yet i've since been to Rome, visited the Vatican and can admire all the fantastic work there, and was extremely respectful while being there. However i still am able to be critical of the fact this establishment has the begging bowl out at every service yet could probably wipe out the worlds debt if they decided to sell all of the antiques they currently hold.

Anyone who hasn't been i'd highly recommend it.

Moses bogged off up some mountain to get the ten commandments.
God told him to do it.

As someone the thinks all religion is bollocks, it seems a stupid fucking idea.
Do you think respect is bollocks as well?

I'm with you on the religion bit, btw, but I've visited there, talked to them and seen the deep significance and reverence in which the indigenous people who have lived their for 50,000 years, hold for that rock.

It would seem to me, to be entirely and needlessly offensive to climb all over it. It genuinely upsets them.

Do you think it would be OK to dance on someone's mother's grave, because it really ought not to matter since she's dead and the dancing will make no difference? I'm guessing you would see that doing that was wrong.

Having just caught up with this thread, I have to say I am just staggered at what completely shit attitude so many people seem to have. Sod everyone else, just so long as I get to do what I want to do, seems to be a recurring theme. Quite a depressing read tbh. Is this what we have become in modern society? No wonder we have so many issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.