Ayres Rock (Uluru).....Australia

I have no truck with religion(s) either. However, providing they aren’t harming others, a bit of respect towards other people’s deeply held beliefs doesn’t go amiss.

Yes when it means making a mountain/hill off limits. Religion deserves absolutely no respect at all, for me to make an exception only for the aboriginal people of Australia would be make no sense. Why should anyone respect someone’s completely illogical man made construct? I believe religion to be a huge blight, if not a cancer, on humanity.

So no, no respect for religion. Be it Christian, Jew, Muslim, Australian Aboriginal. Can’t stand the fucking thing.

Diddums.

And what does “what have we become in modern society” mean in this context? Talk about fanny wobbling hyperbole. Some people on this thread don’t believe that one set of people’s illogical belief should trump their right to experience natural wonders of the world as they would have been able to last week? Will that view realistically effect a single fucking person in the real world? No.

Would you prefer that no one was honest or checked in with you first of all before posting on Bluemoon? Dry your fanny and come down a few levels. Or, and this would be fun, let me know how believing that people should still be able to trek up Uluru (as they’ve been able to every previous day of your life), would create an issue in your society?
This could be the first time we are like-minded.....I need to lie down

I get that in theory anyone from any country should able to go to any part of the world they want to. But this is all tied up with the Aussie aborigines' loss of their culture & way of life (and lives) from 200 years of European settlement. It's also about how mass tourism is causing overcrowding and mess & nuisance in many places around the globe, as citizens of Prague or Venice know from seeing their once lovely cities overrun by hordes of drunks or camera-clickers. The Grand Canyon or the Lake District face similar issues. To bring it closer to home, many on here have complained about tourists and ignorant day trippers taking selfies in their half & half scarves at City matches, thus upsetting the natives who want to worship the local gods Kun and Raz free from the annoying intrusions of folk who don't know our history and traditions. I'm sure that for the aborigines Ayers Rock has stories connected to it that are as emotive as Bert Trautmann's last match or Colin Bell's comeback are for believers in the MCFC religion, and If so they probably have a right to keep the place sacred and unspoiled.

Last edited:
Having just caught up with this thread, I have to say I am just staggered at what completely shit attitude so many people seem to have. Sod everyone else, just so long as I get to do what I want to do, seems to be a recurring theme. Quite a depressing read tbh. Is this what we have become in modern society? No wonder we have so many issues.
And early leavers.....being serious I agree fully with your post.

I have no truck with religion(s) either. However, providing they aren’t harming others, a bit of respect towards other people’s deeply held beliefs doesn’t go amiss.

Sorry, I’m a radical on this one and my world view never impinges on anyone else or how they can live their lives. Same can’t be said for religion. And this thread is an extension of it.

Chippy says they’ve been there 50,000 years but they haven’t, they, the people there now, have been around for as long as any of us have been around in this life time. No one can lay claim to the earth or demand they’re special because their ancestors were there or we’d all lay claim to the East African Rift Valley.

But if he wants to pontificate about ‘modern society’ then he should remember that people have been walking up there the last two centuries, it’s actually ‘modern society’ that put a stop to it and if it’s something he feels evidently quite so strongly about, then I’m surprised I’d not seen him on here discussing his feelings towards it prior to the climbing ban and expressing how it was awful that no ban was in place.

Sorry, I’m a radical on this one and my world view never impinges on anyone else or how they can live their lives. Same can’t be said for religion. And this thread is an extension of it.

Chippy says they’ve been there 50,000 years but they haven’t, they, the people there now, have been around for as long as any of us have been around in this life time. No one can lay claim to the earth or demand they’re special because their ancestors were there or we’d all lay claim to the East African Rift Valley.

But if he wants to pontificate about ‘modern society’ then he should remember that people have been walking up there the last two centuries, it’s actually ‘modern society’ that put a stop to it and if it’s something he feels evidently quite so strongly about, then I’m surprised I’d not seen him on here discussing his feelings towards it prior to the climbing ban and expressing how it was awful that no ban was in place.

What a boring bastard you are.

I suppose the fact that the aborigines have lived there for 50,000 years, and that it's their land and their rock, didn't enter your head. They own the fucking thing.

Remind me to bring my climbing boots and crampons next time i go past your house. I hear the view is lovely up on the roof and if I fancy a dump whilst I am at it, no problem. Sure you'd respect my right to take a dump.
Man made mate and as it’s my land it’d be called trespassing, this is a mountain ffs, should be free for all.
Imagine if so Druid’s decided we shouldn’t go up snowdon or Ben Nevis!! There’d be uproar.

I suppose the fact that the aborigines have lived there for 50,000 years, and that it's their land and their rock, didn't enter your head. They own the fucking thing.

Remind me to bring my climbing boots and crampons next time i go past your house. I hear the view is lovely up on the roof and if I fancy a dump whilst I am at it, no problem. Sure you'd respect my right to take a dump.
Who owned it before the aboriginals turned up and decided it was theirs?

I expect the 99% of Australian animals that were wiped out by the aboriginal population would like a say as to aboriginal claims to the land.

It was there when they arrived. It will be there when they go.

Fleas arguing over which part of the dog they're on they own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.