Aston Villa (H) Post-Match Thread

Played well. Bit wasteful. Pretty much could type the same thing every week!

How Grealish stayed on, yet Fernandinho was sent off, is beyond me.

Each to their own. Today and Atalanta, didn’t detract from my enjoyment at all. And even if it means a wait for a decision but the game gets more of them right, I’ll take it.
Didn’t spoil my enjoyment of the win over New Zealand this morning either.
Same here, watched England then off to the match. Talking of Atalanta and the Ch L, and BBC match reporting. Spurs score 5 and they 'overwhelmed' Red Star. We score 5 and concede 1, and the match report is an analysis of every imperfection rather than of everything we did right.

Only just watched the match.

Better 2nd half. Sterling and Gundogan were fantastic.

Grealish commits foul after foul and no 2nd yellow. Fernandinho commits two fouls and is sent off. Ridiculous.

A lot better performance than the wolves game, still missing big chances, gundogan and cancelo were excellent and foden's 20 minute cameo was outstanding

Gundog had a fantastic game but Raz was on fire. Shout to Foden .
Fuck var
What's clear to me is that Phil is now the most accomplished English midfield player (ok, that doesn't take much doing). Even with limited appearances, there is something of a David/Modric mix about him. I'd have him and Maddison paired up for England - nothing to lose. Phil was excellent today when he got the chance. Elegantly walks/strides away from opponents - pure, pure class and natural ability.

What's clear to me is that Phil is now the most accomplished English midfield player (ok, that doesn't take much doing). Even with limited appearances, there is something of a David/Modric mix about him. I'd have him and Maddison paired up for England - nothing to lose. Phil was excellent today when he got the chance.

If Phil started 15+ league and CL games by Euro 2020 he'd be the best creative midfielder they've had in a decade.

Just like Wolves another set of moronic supporters from the midlands that can't make there minds up.

Where were you when you were s**t. Followed by the empty seats song. Are we here or not?

Also V A R, V A R chants followed by f**k VAR.

Away from that lot Gundogan & Cancelo were great.

I agree with your general point, I’ve always expressed my disdain towards villas fan base and wasn’t disappointed when I suggested pre match I’d hear both where we’re you when you were shit and champions of Europe song within the first 5 minutes, we’re not innocent of shit chants too though, our own fans did the same with the var stuff and then sang have you ever seen villa win the league when most of their fans looked like they actually had and then the most moronic of all songs heard today, we sang sterling’s won more than you which made us look like clueless knob heads. Oh and we got in a rendition of the woeful why the fuck are you still here

I thought we were a bit dodgy in the first half be much better and looked more confident in the second half

Mendy still has question marks and hopefully Stones improves with games. Cancelo looks good but hopefully capable of much more. KDB was really good and Foden looks like he’s a shoe-in for England sooner rather than later

But Ederson was my man of the match and probably player of the season so far

Lookout for the banner calling out the southstand next week.... pissing singing section... what joke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.