Aston Villa (H) Post-Match Thread

We can all find one instance of a player being "walked past" in 95 minutes , did you see Merlin lose the ball in the centre circle in the 2nd half and make no effort to retrieve it ? The one incident doesnt make Merlin weak , Gundogan had a superb game again , i can understand posters having their favourites and the players they choose to dislike before they have even kicked a ball , but highlighting ONE incident in ninety-odd minutes to judge a players performance is harsh to say the least.

Gundog isn't going to tackle like Rodri or Fern and does not have Fern's recovery speed but he makes some great interceptions; there was a great piece of anticipation in that regard around 58 minutes in. His challenge that got him a booking was fairly industrial.

He made so many more passes than anyone else today and topped things off with a fine finish.

He's clever , makes himself available and hardly ever gives the ball away , he made some great interceptions today because he reads the game so well , Gareth Barry wasnt the quickest , but he was brilliant for us , Gundogan is a similar player but admittedly not as good as Barry in his pomp , so will have to agree to disagree

Gundo is better on the ball than Barry.

I thought Jesus was good today, and Cancelo really improved 2nd half.

1st half, Sterling, Silva and Mendy had a good triangle going down the left, but all of them messed up with their final ball. We got in loads of really good situations in the 1st half, and messed them all up.

Foden played very well when he came on. I know Pep says that Foden has areas of his game that need to improve, but for me I'd start him ahead of David Silva in some league games.

KDB, and David Silva were a little below what they are capable of today. 2nd half was good though. And winning after a CL game is always good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.