Aston Villa (H) Post-Match Thread

Not despise, but he's a bit of a Billy Big Bollocks, who will never quite get there because of his attitude. getting a few plaudits this season but no Stan Bowles

I thought he played well first half. From the South Stand I didn't see much of the snidey stuff other people have commented on. Can't be far off an England cap.

I thought he played well first half. From the South Stand I didn't see much of the snidey stuff other people have commented on. Can't be far off an England cap.

i don’t know if he would fit in Pep’s profile required to be a player but I think he will be useful for someone who ever gets him to move from Villa. If him and Foden keep progressing we might have two creative midfielders who can provide ammo for the front 3 in the next couple of years as there is no one in the England midfield that can do that now.

I like Stones, even though he wasn't at his best yesterday he's still better than Otamendi has been this season.
I thought John Stones played well.
He made a long diagonal crossfield ball to feet and also stopped a villa player from scoring.
He was alert and focussed the whole game. Lively too.
The lad needs more minutes that's all.
Interestingly Pep kept him on the pitch all game.
I think, in the end, he will prove all the doubters wrong.

I thought John Stones played well.
He made a long diagonal crossfield ball to feet and also stopped a villa player from scoring.
He was alert and focussed the whole game. Lively too.
The lad needs more minutes that's all.
Interestingly Pep kept him on the pitch all game.
I think, in the end, he will prove all the doubters wrong.
Yeah he had a good game. He misplaced two passes but that was about it all game. He lead the defence well.

He’s always looked good when playing alongside Kompany and Laporte, and yesterday looked good with Fernandinho. All three of them are calm players so will be good for him to play alongside.

It’s the erraticness of Otamendi that makes Stones look unsure and erratic himself. If you don’t know what your defensive partner is thinking or going to do from one attack to another, there’s no consistency to the defensive play.

Stones is a very good player and will be long term with a calm partner.

Not obeying the law on player equipment?
process

He wears child sized ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.