Rugby Union World Cup 2019

League seems to be focused on on ball handing, quick passing, try scoring rugby.

Union seems to reward kicking and brute strength.

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times before but why don't they just combine the best bits from both codes and have one type of rugby?
Because Union is already the best of both codes.

League is just a game for 13 backs.

If one thing stands out in both codes of rugby is everyone gets battered and just gets back up and gets on with it, footballers falling over with a tug on the shirt, contact felt so he had good cause to go down, you limp and will be out for six weeks.
Watch dippers v spuds this afternoon for plenty of examples.
I love my football and only watch rugby now and again but footballers verge on ridiculous, if you tackle these days you either get booked or a retrospective ban.
Not a VAR this morning and respect for the ref and each other impressive even with a few spats, football's gone soft in front of our eye's, cleansed to a non contact sport without us realising.
Blinking heck that went on longer than I meant, almost drifted off course I forgot what I wanted to say.

A lot of truth in what you say but the Women’s football Teams seem to fly into tackles and jump
Back to their feet. Also, yes both sets of players were honest today perhaps with the exception to the Mail where the match winning penalty was awarded. One of the Slringboks seemed to fling himself out of the mail and to the floor. It probably didn’t influence the penalty decision though.

Because Union is already the best of both codes.

League is just a game for 13 backs.

if you saw the Tongan RL team smashing into Great Britain yesterday you would realise there are powerhouse forwards in Rugby League. They don’t have to be giants because there are no line outs.

if you saw the Tongan RL team smashing into Great Britain yesterday you would realise there are powerhouse forwards in Rugby League. They don’t have to be giants because there are no line outs.

Yep, Tonga were somethin else yesterday; we never really got going - hopefully we can gel more as the tour progresses - didnt realise we had something like 7 players who play down under in the squad.

Yep, Tonga were somethin else yesterday; we never really got going - hopefully we can gel more as the tour progresses - didnt realise we had something like 7 players who play down under in the squad.

i think we started yesterday’s game with 8 players with NRL experience. We were just getting into the game when we conceded the first try and didn’t seem to get going after that. I missed the last half an hour due to getting the coach to the Etihad.

Indeed. Many of them seem suddenly interested in Rugby.
I think you are describing me there! I only watched rugby when I went off to poly and the posh boys watched it in the bar. I don't follow a rugby club but watch England and enjoy the six nations and the world cup. It's quite nice not being that upset if they don't win. I don't think I've got room for another intense sporting relationship in my life.

Proud of the boys, they gave everything, we haven't got the depth of squad to deal with the injuries we've had but we nearly limped over the line.
Congrats to England & South Africa, both deserve to be in the final and i hope it's a great game.
I fancy England to come out on top and they'll be deserved World Champions if that happens

rugby league they play rugby and throw the ball around union is just kick kick and clap

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.