Referee/Officials Thread 2019/20

Games beyond bent , I don’t even get angry anymore , it’s so obvious it’s laughable
I hear you Blue.its so fucking obvious...but its so hard not to come across as the mental old blue who thinks football is fixed.
I now,deliberately, avoid the issue when talking to other fans in pubs.Cos no one has time for that .....Thank Fuck for BM ,thats all im saying

Yes I think UEFA sat down with the refs, and all risked corruption charges, to get Pep a booking.

Do you think that Attwell for instance made a clear and obvious mistake when not awarding James a penalty. And then the VAR official watching on screen from many angles, decided it was a huge mistake. Or something other was at play, you seem to argue the folly of people thinking there may be a huge conspiracy. What other explanation other than some form of corruption could there be to overrule the ref , for a something that clearly did not happen.

Do you think that Attwell for instance made a clear and obvious mistake when not awarding James a penalty. And then the VAR official watching on screen from many angles, decided it was a huge mistake. Or something other was at play, you seem to argue the folly of people thinking there may be a huge conspiracy. What other explanation other than some form of corruption could there be to overrule the ref , for a something that clearly did not happen.

Not seen it so sadly cannot comment on that particular incident. But for me seeing a ref get a subjective decision different is a world away from someone being corrupt and colluding with others to corrupt the national sport.

It was very noticable on Saturday how much the ref was interfering with play, getting in the passing lanes etc, he always appeared to be in front on the ball when we were attacking.

It was very noticable on Saturday how much the ref was interfering with play, getting in the passing lanes etc, he always appeared to be in front on the ball when we were attacking.
I used to think they didn't have the brain to be able to anticipate things like this but I think they've had coaching.... rarely happens with other teams.

Not seen it so sadly cannot comment on that particular incident. But for me seeing a ref get a subjective decision different is a world away from someone being corrupt and colluding with others to corrupt the national sport.

Even on ref watch, they said he must have had a bet on it,
At least for you not seeing it, means you don't need to explore your narrative..
And this was a var official, watching it time after time., not a subjective decision at speed.

He was just getting back into the team shape. Thought he had a good game to be honest, shutting down our passing lanes. We might have got Rodri too early, he looks like he has the anticipation and awareness to replace Fernandinho.

Last edited:
I'm convinced it's a tactic. Oliver and Marriner are ****s for doing it.

Moss isn't fit enough.

Just seen the James non penalty. Just when you think VAR cant be any more of a farce we get that. They have clearly sat down last week and decided now they must start giving some penalties and we have a weekend of pathetic penalties given by VAR. The system now has absolutely zero credibility by anyone across the game. Its gone from being a hope to bring some stability and consistency to refereeing, to totally questioning the integrity of the game. If it had any left going into this season, its now well and truly gone. .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.