Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He reminds me of Wilkins, slows the game down, prefers to pass backwards or sideways, crap on corners and doesn’t score many goals. Much prefer Foden. The kids hungry, more attacking and happy to track back. Also with more game time Foden will score a lot more goals.

He reminds me of Wilkins, slows the game down, prefers to pass backwards or sideways, crap on corners and doesn’t score many goals. Much prefer Foden. The kids hungry, more attacking and happy to track back. Also with more game time Foden will score a lot more goals.

Unless you're willing to drop Foden into the base of midfield then the comparison is largely irrelevant.

If you're talking strictly about the central midfielder role, I'm with you all the way. But Ilkay is now pivotal seeing as Fernandinho has become our best available centre back and Rodri is out with an injury.

It's crazy how two people can have such differing views on the same player. Sure he will pass sideways and backwards during build up and when we're trying find an opening but his forward passing is well up there for me. He probably played the pass of the game against Villa where he slipped it through to Sterling I think in the first half. I also think his goal return is pretty decent especially to say he has often played deep. Has chipped in with a couple of important goals over the years too. I think he's class and will continue to be an important player to us. I also don't think it's his inclusion in the team that is hampering Foden's progress either.

You can say it, but you'd be wrong.

You and the three people that like that post are absolutely mad, and most likely agenda driven.

Gundog had a very good game - albeit against lowly opposition, at home. He deserved a MoTM for it, and the fans here agreed in the majority. However, whether you like it or not, that doesn't change the fact that he is a downhill skier, proven time and time again, and not fit to shine the shoes of Fernandinho. Fernandinho has shone in the toughest of matches since day one, regularly.

No one has imagined this - this is his fourth year here, we've seen plenty of him to make this judgement. Stop trying to tell us that black is white thanks.

You and the three people that like that post are absolutely mad, and most likely agenda driven.

Gundog had a very good game - albeit against lowly opposition, at home. He deserved a MoTM for it, and the fans here agreed in the majority. However, whether you like it or not, that doesn't change the fact that he is a downhill skier, proven time and time again, and not fit to shine the shoes of Fernandinho. Fernandinho has shone in the toughest of matches since day one, regularly.

No one has imagined this - this is his fourth year here, we've seen plenty of him to make this judgement. Stop trying to tell us that black is white thanks.

Ilkay is one of our best set piece takers, is better in and around the box and has a better first touch. Those are just three attributes off the top of my head where he is superior to Fernandinho.

You can debate it all you want but saying Fernandinho is better at everything is just plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.